OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally

Started by 01Foreman400, February 28, 2014, 09:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01Foreman400

I guess better late than never. I finally got around to shipping my M2 to William at Sumtoy Customs. He's going to mount a FastFire 3 with the 336 mount. Do a trigger job.  Shoot it and see what choke works best with the Federal Heavyweight 3" #7.  More than likely it will be the .562-5.  Can't wait to get it back.  I'll keep ya'll posted.

Darrell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Ranger007

Do you have any pics of this gun finished?

01Foreman400

beagler

Never Misses

01Foreman400

Roost 1

USMC0331

Nasty! Congrats on I fine turkey killing piece of art!!!!

gophert

If you sent it to Sumtoy, why are you shooting the Indian Creek?  Is the IC just for the TSS and a sumtoy for Feds?  Gun looks great by the way. 

01Foreman400

Yes, I'm shooting TSS.

I sold the Sumtoy. Sumtoy dosen't warranty their chokes if you shoot TSS thru them.

alloutdoors

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 18, 2015, 05:13:25 AM
Yes, I'm shooting TSS.

I sold the Sumtoy. Sumtoy dosen't warranty their chokes if you shoot TSS thru them.
From what I've seen IC won't stand behind their products even when they split open and destroy barrels while shooting lead loads.

gophert

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 18, 2015, 07:55:20 AM
From what I've seen IC won't stand behind their products even when they split open and destroy barrels while shooting lead loads.

I would have to disagree.  I had one split years ago and IC replaced it with a new one without ever asking a question.  They didn't even ask what I was shooting.  They just apologized and ask for my address.  It doesn't get any better than that.

Sent from my typewriter

alloutdoors

Did it do any damage to your barrel or just the choke? There have been examples on this forum where the barrel was damaged when the choke split and as I remember IC basically told people to take a hike. Even if they replace the choke, that doesn't do much if your $500 Benelli barrel looks like a peeled bananna.

01Foreman400

From what I've read the choke problems they had has been resolved by a new design.

Have you heard of these problems recently?

gophert

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 18, 2015, 08:22:22 AM
Did it do any damage to your barrel or just the choke? There have been examples on this forum where the barrel was damaged when the choke split and as I remember IC basically told people to take a hike. Even if they replace the choke, that doesn't do much if your $500 Benelli barrel looks like a peeled bananna.

I have not seen blown up barrels due to the choke, but would be interested to see those for sure. 

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 18, 2015, 09:03:07 AM
From what I've read the choke problems they had has been resolved by a new design.

No, they fixed the issue.  Something about a bad batch of steel that was splitting.  I have run lots of rounds through both my IC chokes (all newer model) with no issues.

01Foreman400

Quote from: gophert on March 18, 2015, 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: alloutdoors on March 18, 2015, 08:22:22 AM

I have not seen blown up barrels due to the choke, but would be interested to see those for sure. 

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 18, 2015, 09:03:07 AM

No, they fixed the issue.  Something about a bad batch of steel that was splitting.  I have run lots of rounds through both my IC chokes (all newer model) with no issues.

That's what I thought.

I've got one in my SBE 2 as well.