OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally finished with my 870

Started by 3seasons, February 28, 2014, 10:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack86

Don't lean it against a tree and walk off!

3seasons

Quote from: wbralo on March 01, 2014, 08:26:29 PM
Thats awesome!!!  :drool: :drool: How do you like the ati stock? Also, does the trigger job make a noticeable difference? I am considering having a trigger job on mine.

I like the stock a lot, Ill be able to tell you more about it in a couple weeks though. 

Trigger job made a big difference for me, not near as apt to pull the shot. I havent put it on a scale but its light and most of all crisp with very minimal creep. I dont own a gun that doesnt have a trigger job done on it.  Just my personal preference.

Chuck1443

Quote from: outdoors on February 28, 2014, 10:55:56 AM
NICE CAMO :: I HAD TO LOOK FOR A SECOND TO SEE WHAT U WAS TALKING BOUT ........  :icon_thumright:

X2 I put together the same gun and that's the camo dip I want SHARP

greenhead11

Tom Foolery

Maybe the best looking turkey gun I have seen, that is awesome!

3seasons

Quote from: timberjack86 on March 01, 2014, 09:08:39 PM
Don't lean it against a tree and walk off!

That's a fact.  I'm gonna have to be careful with this one. 

I have a 12ga I built and its just black with a pepper laminated thumbhole stock. I killed a turkey in a fresh burnt pine plantation and he started flopping off into a big hollow so I took off running after him and set my gun against a tree.  It took me 15 min and backtracking my steps in the soot to find my shotgun. I actually started sweating a little thinking i wouldn't find it. 

This one may take a little longer to find if i just lay it down anywhere.

Goat boy

3seasons beautiful weapon what choke and shell combo are you gonna run this spring?

3seasons

Quote from: Goat boy on March 03, 2014, 05:09:36 AM
3seasons beautiful weapon what choke and shell combo are you gonna run this spring?

I'll be using a Rem Super Full with TSS

And I'll be using a truglo strut stopper with Fed HW's

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

J Gilbert

This is my favorite 870 youth of all the ones I've seen- after seeing how this turned out, I might have mine done the same way after this season.  I might go with Obsession over Bottomland, but I definitely like the ATI stock better than the Knoxx that several others have and I want the newer forend as well- it leaves less of a gap between the forend and the receiver, I believe it would make it easier/more comfortable to have the gun on my knee for extended periods.

High_Voltage

Can you get your head down low enough with that stock to use the factory bead if you dont want a sight?