turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help...mounting Burris FFII to 870

Started by 762hunter, February 27, 2014, 12:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

762hunter

I ordered the Burris 336 mount and have dropped off at gunsmith to have drilled and tapped.

Gunsmith just called and said it was the wrong mount,  the 336 mount is for a flat top and the 870 is tapered.  He said he will not do it because it will just break off and I will be cussing him.

I told him that I had done a little research online and was advised to go with the 336 mount.

Where do I go from here? get another mount? go to a different gunsmith?

I'm past ready to get this thing done so I can pattern some loads and hopefully be able to have it ready before season opens.

HELP?????

PEHunter

Send the mount back and get the correct one.  I order one from EGW for my 870, it is at the gunsmith's now getting D & T. 

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

gophert

The correct mount is:   FFII Mount 410333

mossyoakpro

I am sure someone can post a pic of an 870 with a 336 mount to show your smith....in the meantime do a search, you should be able to find one from the past.  It can be done....I have one as well as dozens of other folks on this forum.

Good luck!
Phillippians 4:13

762hunter

I think I'm just going to go pick it up from him and take it somewhere else.

Anybody know of a gunsmith around Memphis, Tn?

I'd rather it sit down lower and I'd rather not have to buy another mount.

Gophert this is the Burris 410333 mount that I took him.
Optics planet said they had them but after ordering it they said it was backordered and would be 2-3 weeks, so I canceled that order and ordered them same mount from and place in California.

gophert

Quote from: 762hunter on February 27, 2014, 01:31:29 PM
Gophert this is the Burris 410333 mount that I took him.
Optics planet said they had them but after ordering it they said it was backordered and would be 2-3 weeks, so I canceled that order and ordered them same mount from and place in California.

Yep, I'd go somewhere else. 

mossyoakpro

Here is a pic of mine on a youth model 870....it can be done.

Sent from my waiting on March 15 device.

Phillippians 4:13

762hunter

I found someone else this afternoon.

Thanks for the help

goblr77

I mounted FFIIIs with 336 mounts on an 870 and a SA-08 yesterday. I did the machine work myself and didn't have any problems. Both guns have a flat on top of the receiver and the 336 mount fit nicely on them. The rear of the the receivers have plenty of "meat" to tap.