turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi

Started by surehuntsalot, February 22, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Weather was rough here last night. Hunted franklin county again this morning. Nary a gobble. Maybe it was because of the rough night. Dont know though as i have only heard 2 gobbles so far this season. Either they still aint hammering good or im in a horrible slump.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MS!48

Gobbling good I'm Tishomingo county this morning. Got on one at first light but someone came in from other side and bumped him early. Met up with my buddy and his girlfriend one sounded off about 8:30 all fired up. Covered a lot of ground to us but wouldn't cross a creek with very steep banks. Decided we couldn't get around him with all of us without crossing property lines. So we backed out and decided to fight another day instead of trying to sneak up on him the other way, and possibly bump him. He probably gobbled around 60 times though. Beautiful morning to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

surehuntsalot

nothing in southern simpson co. this morning
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Spitten and drummen

Franklin county silent as usual.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Charliebtsj

Two buddies hunted attala county this weekend said they gobbled good on roost fair on the ground.  Were able to kill three two years old gobbling right off roost.  Hunted differently spot saw two in field didn't gobble or strut wouldn't work at all!

MS!48

Just went behind my house this morning on my family's land. Three different birds gobbling. One was wearing it out constantly, the other two hushed up once they hit the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Spitten and drummen

finally heard 2 gobble 5 times on the limb this morning. hit the ground and not a peep. called up 3 hens in my lap. thought for sure one of those toms would be tailing them. nope, they hung around about 20 min and finally eased off. cant believe an old boy wasn't tagging along. anyway at least I finally got to hear a little gobbling. adams county. :blob10:
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

MS!48

3 gobbling this morning Tishomingo county buddy killed one. Awesome hunt!  8 3/4 " beard and 1 1/8" spurs.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

heard a little bit down here in simpson county this am
maybe they are getting ready to start up now that the season is almost over
it's not the harvest,it's the chase