Main Menu

Mississippi

Started by surehuntsalot, February 22, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

quite all opening weekend in my neck of the woods
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gawhitaker

Heading to Union this Sunday, hope there is a couple birds round there feeling there oats

Huntnwork

Heard 4 gobbles opening day in north Mississippi near Sardis.

Bayou Gold

Had a turkey gobble about 5 times last Saturday morning, unfortunately it was never in response to me -Clarke County

Headed to Kemper County next for lots of hunting Fri, Sat and Sun AM.  Family is headed out of town and I have no curfews or schedules to meet, Turkey Time Baby!!

Bayou Gold

no gobbles this am, but killed a strutter at 12:45.  Thin 10 in. beard, razor sharp 1 1/4 hooks.  good thing I had no time restraints today-Turkey Time :turkey2:

Spitten and drummen

Well i have been 5 times down around natchez and heard 1 bird gobble twice on the limb. Plenty of sign and great places over the last several years. I cant remember the last time that it has been this poor of gobbling. I cant figure out the lack of gobbling. Usually by now they are at least hammering good on the limb. Hope when i take a vacation the first week of april that they will be sounding off good.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gawhitaker

Heading to Union tomorrow, maybe we can locate a couple that have unzipped lips. Realize later would be better, but spring break is now and I'd rather go with my son now than by myself later.

Bayou Gold

Hunted from dawn till 1pm. then 330 to roost.  heard 1 Jake gobble at about 730 this am.-Kemper Co

Spitten and drummen

Went to franklin county the last 3 days. Still havent heard a gobble since the couple last week. Man killed one this morning that didnt gobble. Said it was 3 long beards together.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gawhitaker

Quiet in newton county today

MS!48

I've heard few gobbles In Tishomingo county. Pretty good bit of birds up here most gobbles I've heard was on opening morning. One gobbled bout three time Sunday of opening weekend, and one gobbled 3-5 times yesterday. Have not had many good days too hunt. Always pretty while I'm at work and nasty on the weekend lol. Overall I've seen several birds just not much gobbling. Maybe they will sure enough fire up in the next week or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

surehuntsalot

finally heard my first gobble this past sat. morning
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

trippsims

I haven't been since saturday because of an incredibly large amount of tests this week, but I have been hearing birds 20-30 times on the limb and maybe once or twice on the ground. The only birds being killed around here are two year olds, although some guy killed a bearded hen somewhere around here. All of this is coming from Oktibbeha County. I did hunt in Lauderdale Co. the other day on a lease and heard several birds, worked one from daylight until 8:30 or so but he got hung up for one reason or another.

Gawhitaker

One ole pasture bird in newton cry with 11 hens gobbling, that's the only vocal one in 4 days so far. I've been running and gunning elsewhere while my some is focusing on the pasture bird and I have not heard a gobble, nor seen much sign

BT

On 3/20/2014, I heard one way off in the distance hammering on the limb. Ended up getting on a 2yr old that gobbled pretty good on the ground early morning. Other than that, almost no other gobbling to speak of so far the entire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk