turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

11-87 w/ Longbeard #5

Started by wvnut3, February 22, 2014, 07:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvnut3

Here are the #5 Longbeards with various chokes and the 11-87 3 1/2 inch 23inch barrel at 40yards lasered. 55degrees out.Barrel was polished last year , a bore snake was used in between shots.Lee

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

wvnut3

Will try my 870 3inch next when it warms again. Lee

chatterbox

I love the pattern from the JH .665! They all look good, but that's the one I would hunt with.
Good work! :icon_thumright:

wvnut3

Quote from: chatterbox on February 23, 2014, 08:22:30 AM
I love the pattern from the JH .665! They all look good, but that's the one I would hunt with.
Yes that is my favorite as well. My JH chokes always have done well. I just picked up this JH 665 to add to my 660. When it gets warm again i am gonna try the 3 inch 5&6's through my 870.Lee

tomstopper

SwampHunter11b

That's a great looking pattern. I bought the 5's and 6's to try out when it finally warms up and quits snowing. I have a jellyhead .665 and from your results it looks like a great combo with the longbeard #5's. Thanks

davisd9

Quote from: chatterbox on February 23, 2014, 08:22:30 AM

X2!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

IowaGobblers

Great looking pattern for #5 lead at 40!

albrubacker

That will put em in the dirt!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

WVHills

Those are some great looking 5's! 

DirtNap647

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvnut3

I have always liked #5 lead..I will shoot this combo this year through the JH .665 in my 3 1/2. 11-87. As soon as it warms up i will run the 3. inch through my 870 to see how it does. Lee