OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sights/scope recomendation for SP-10

Started by Zarkohl, February 08, 2014, 11:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarkohl

Hi.  New to sight.  Looking for recommendations on sights/scope for SP-10.  Thanks.

Gamblinman

If you have the 23" turkey barrel, Williams firesights

26"..find some fiber optic sights that bolt to the vent rib

Most of the receivers are already drilled and tapped, so you can add most any scope or red dot. I like EoTech, but there are many others.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

M R Ducks

I have never seen an SP-10 receiver that came drilled and tapped from the factory (I have only seen about a dozen - so factor that).

Mine is a 26".  Last year I tried a Muller Quick Shot on an AIMTECH saddle and really didn't like it.  Sat way too high and then didn't hold zero.  This year, I have the same saddle with a Burris Fast Fire.  This sits a lot lower and I am confident of it holding zero.  I have an extra stock I am going to customize by adding a comb as soon as the weather breaks a little and the shop isn't freezing cold.  I like a good cheek weld when shooting. 

The AIMTECH saddles are hard to find - but there are a few out there. 

I am toying with the idea of talking my Burris Speed Bead adapter to a local machine shop and having them make me a ring that fits the SP-10 stock.  I actually think that is the best solution - but I can probably do the comb on the spare stock for about $3 vice the $100 I'm sure they will want.

The nice thing about the Speed Bead set up is you can use the regular or fiber optic sights as a backup without doing a thing.

Here is my gun, with extra stock and mock up for comb.  Actually need a little more than this - and when it's all done some touch up painting.

Ducks.   

Old Gobbler

I have the aimtech saddle also - its a look under saddle so you can peek under and see the beads - I have a Burris m-tac scope on it now

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

M R Ducks

Yes, the AIMTECH is shoot through, but one needs better vision than I have to be able to do it!  I tend to look over my glasses when I weld to the stock, and when I do I can't really wee throught the tunnel to the beads.  But yes, that is certainly an backup. 

Zarkohl

What about mounts? Is it better to tap the receiver or use a b-square?

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Zarkohl on February 21, 2014, 09:47:29 PM
What about mounts? Is it better to tap the receiver or use a b-square?
any saddle mount like a b square ... you can do yourself and take off without ever altering the gun , it will add some minimal weight to the gun , mounts are good alternative , but you will need a qualified gunsmith to have the procedure done -

both can be done for about $40 it's going to be personal preference
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon