turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ATI 20 Ga. Adjustable stock Rem 870

Started by Palmetto Turk, February 21, 2014, 10:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palmetto Turk

Anybody ever order one of these for an 870 20 ga.? I CANNOT seem to get the magazine tube to fit back into the fore end using the adapters supplied.  It simply doesn't work. No way to get the forend nut back on the magazine tube once inserted in the forend. Anybody ever run into this problem with these?  I feel like a dumbass. By it just doesn't work. Anyone with any experience with these? Thanks.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Palmetto Turk on February 21, 2014, 10:10:43 PM
Anybody ever order one of these for an 870 20 ga.? I CANNOT seem to get the magazine tube to fit back into the fore end using the adapters supplied.  It simply doesn't work. No way to get the forend nut back on the magazine tube once inserted in the forend. Anybody ever run into this problem with these?  I feel like a dumbass. By it just doesn't work. Anyone with any experience with these? Thanks.

I have these stocks on several 20 gauge 870s as well as 12 gauge 870s and other shotguns as well.

I use the ATI wrench and that makes it a lot easier to install the nut. I'll be happy to lend you the tool that makes it much easier.

Removing or installing the nut is a challenge for anyone if you don't have the right tool. Don't feel like a d...a.... It's not easy but the reward is worth it.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. The best way to contact me is clark@allaboutshooting.com
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Palmetto Turk

Thank you. I'll check with my local gunsmith guy I know first. See you're in IL. I'm in SC. I'll let you know if I hit a dead end. Thanks again.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Palmetto Turk on February 21, 2014, 11:22:05 PM
Thank you. I'll check with my local gunsmith guy I know first. See you're in IL. I'm in SC. I'll let you know if I hit a dead end. Thanks again.

We're in SC several times each year, Simpsonville, Greenville, Edgefield and Abbeville, Just let me know if I can be of help and I'll do all I can to be of assistance.

USPS works very well, just 2-3 days from mailing to receipt.

I'll be happy to do whatever works for you.

Thanks,
Clark

davisd9

Where in SC you from?  I live around Rock Hill but am from Sumter.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

Quote from: davisd9 on February 21, 2014, 11:53:57 PM

Where in SC you from?  I live around Rock Hill but am from Sumter.

I'm there 6 to 8 times a year and will be there on the 1st and the 8th of March for shoots. You're close to Bill Davis and other friends of ours. Just let me know if you need a wrench. I'll bring you one.

Thanks,
Clark

davisd9

I have met Mr. Davis at a NWTF gun bash. Maybe we can have lunch sometime when you are in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Palmetto Turk

I'm in Greenville. And thanks again for the kind offer. The real problem with the forend I have is the insert they give to put in the front end of the forend. The inside diameter of it is smaller than that of the forend nut. So when you insert the magazine tube back into the forend, there is no way to get the forend nut on the end of the tube. Make sense? I was able to get the nut off using needle nose pliers. Tedious but worked. It wouldn't work even with a wrench on this forend. Just wondered if anyone had any fit problems with these things before. Butt end of the stock went on simply and fit like a champ. Frustrating. 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Palmetto Turk on February 22, 2014, 12:16:15 AM
I'm in Greenville. And thanks again for the kind offer. The real problem with the forend I have is the insert they give to put in the front end of the forend. The inside diameter of it is smaller than that of the forend nut. So when you insert the magazine tube back into the forend, there is no way to get the forend nut on the end of the tube. Make sense? I was able to get the nut off using needle nose pliers. Tedious but worked. It wouldn't work even with a wrench on this forend. Just wondered if anyone had any fit problems with these things before. Butt end of the stock went on simply and fit like a champ. Frustrating.

I understand. Did yours have several of those adapters/inserts? Most times there are a variety of them to fit various guns. It sounds like you need another adapter. Yours may have the wrong size.

You may need to contact ATI directly and have them send you the proper adapter.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Quote from: davisd9 on February 22, 2014, 12:03:48 AM
I have met Mr. Davis at a NWTF gun bash. Maybe we can have lunch sometime when you are in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be fun.

Thanks,
Clark