Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

When do yall start?

Started by SouthernThunder, February 18, 2014, 08:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernThunder

Hey everyone, I know we all posted where we would be hunting this year but I was curious as to when y'all will be starting. I'm primarily Alabama and North Florida so I start March 15th and end at the end of April. Should be plenty of time to give some birds a dirt nap!

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

ky turkey hunter

Gobblerjim

jumpmaster21

Rathunter04

Man I sure am jealous of the March dates! Ohio doesn't start until April 21st!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin

SouthernStrut

I'm goin out March 8th and 9th for the youth weekend here in Alabama.  Going with a buddy from work and his son on public land and having some family come down for a hunt as well.  Regular season opens up March 15th and goes to April 30th.
Blake
Southern Strut True Custom Calls
- True Custom Glass, Crystal, Copper, Slate, etc.
www.southernstrutcalls.com

"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk.  Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.  It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."  -Fred Bear

SouthernStrut

Day 1 success.  Called up a nice one for my wife's 15 year old cousin.  This was his last year to take advantage of the early youth season and we made the most of it.  Too bad we can't count it towards our team score.  10-1/2" beard, 1" spurs, 20 lbs.  Gobbled about a dozen times, killed him at 9:00am today.

Hopefully they'll be really fired up for opening day.
Blake

"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk.  Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.  It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."  -Fred Bear

Rathunter04

Great lookin bird! Congrats, nice to see someone gettin in on the action early!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin

SouthernStrut

My buddy and I came extremely close to having four birds down over the weekend, and easily could have, but instead we got zero.  Calling was great and calls brought the birds out, just not where we needed them to be, and our decisions we made didn't work out in our favor.  Tough tough birds to deal with, but I'll get em eventually.  Just glad to be hunting again!
Blake

appalachianstruttstopper

On my way to Florida Mar 25. Then when I get back I'll hafta wait a few weeks to start in VA.