News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

When Hunting: what do you sit on ??

Started by Byhalia, February 18, 2014, 10:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byhalia

This is what I use:
Mossy Oak Turkey Thug Gobbler Chair $13.74 !! 

Can't beat the price

you want to talk about comfortable....this is it !!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Turkey-Thug-Gobbler-Chair/22281732
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Deputy 14

Usually the ground. Hard to use a chair on the side of a mountain.

DirtNap647

gonna try the hs strut seat that goes around waist and filled with air this year gonna try no vest or a bucklick vest not sure yet

Holston

I tried several of the chairs and "better" seats that came out, but they were always too bulky, aggravating, or cheaply made for me to get much use out of.

I keep going back to my old standard that has worked well for years. 

My wife get's a lot of those canvas bags, or totes or whatever you call em, at the seminars and conferences she goes to.  I just stuff a pillow in one and sew it shut.

Tough, easy to carry, and as comfortable as anything I've tried.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Skeeterbait

I prefer to just sit on the ground, no chair, no cushion.  Only problem is if the ground is wet.  I bought a piece of camo cordura waterproof cloth and cut a piece 24x24.  If the ground is wet, I pull it out and sit on top of it.  It folds up and fits in a vest pocket.

stinkpickle

Gobbler lounger.  I hate packing it around, but after a long sit, it's definitely worth it.

uarobert

I just use the vest seat, but if i go where I think I may not have a decent tree to lean against, I'll tote the Gobbler lounger.

eddie234

I love my hs strut seat.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Crawl79

Gobbler lounger but will check this out def need a spare.

Heller

I use my vest cushion and my lounger. Used to sit on ground with nothing, but got tired of gettin wet and havin a sore rear

njdevilsb

I use a strut seat.  They aren't the most comfortable, but they are easy to carry and at least get you off the ground.  I can't stand sitting on the ground, especially if it's wet at all.

kevin2

This seat is really portable, just snaps on your belt. It is the most comfortable seat I've tried as well. Light. It spins too, which is great when your shot is coming from a different direction then anticipated. You can quickly adjust the height to 4 configurations in seconds. Always puzzles me why it isn't more widely used. This fella invented it for Turkey hunting AFTER suffering with a sore behind.

http://www.nifftseat.com/index.html

Quote from: Holston on February 18, 2014, 10:53:52 AM
I tried several of the chairs and "better" seats that came out, but they were always too bulky, aggravating, or cheaply made for me to get much use out of.

I keep going back to my old standard that has worked well for years. 

My wife get's a lot of those canvas bags, or totes or whatever you call em, at the seminars and conferences she goes to.  I just stuff a pillow in one and sew it shut.

Tough, easy to carry, and as comfortable as anything I've tried.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

critter_sniper

Vest cushion. 

Although I am thinking about getting a lounger this year. 

lonnie sneed jr.

A flat foam pad covered with tiger striped camo. Had it about 20 years. Chairs just don't work very good in WV.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead: