turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pa. Gobblers

Started by Byhalia, February 18, 2014, 09:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmike

My back yard birds were talking this am. Heard the big tom from last June this morning, a few jakes and 2 other toms farther away. My mind is officially gone until June  :blob10:

archery1

havent heard a thing... anybody else been out listening?

IT'S  GETTING CLOSE    Pa.  Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a kid hunting

seb5315

They were tearing it up this weekend, May 3rd cannot come soon enough!

Looks like we will be having good weather for youth day on Saturday, hope to put a young kid on a bird!

archery1

good luck..  will be out the 3rd.. hope its a good year!!!!!!!!!!
Take a kid hunting

WildSpur

I have not been out listening but I have been seeing strutters in the yards and fields.   It's greening up nicely here and I think this year could be another good one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Fishbamboo

I grew up in a small town in Beaver County, hunted all the hills there for years. Never seen a turkey, now friends back in home town say that there are turkey everywhere. Even in the alley behind my old house, strange. I live in SC in the foothills, got my first bird last year and got one this year on the first day. We are allowed 5, but I never seen another after that first day. Put in over 90 hours, better luck next year.

Thunderbolt

Well 2015 is here...seeing some birds after this thaw and now we have rain aleast here.The birds in the area of 5C&5D should be hollering in 2 wks as long as we get the 40+degree nights...Russ

Byhalia

I've seen them strutting,,,but no gobbles heard yet.
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

DirtNap647

same here some strutting but no gobbles

Byhalia

same ol...same ol...strutters...no gobbles !!
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

PaLongshank

Hens have been extremely vocal in South Central Pa....lots of activity from the subdominate gobblers for first half hour of light then all is quiet.  Starting to see a lot more strutters in the fields as well.......won't be long and theyll start shrinking the size of the flocks and moving around more as they go on prowl. PaLongshank

Turkeyman62

Area 4c no strutting or gobbling. Seeing some nice flocks in the fields.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

HFultzjr

All quiet in Central PA this morning. 18 degrees at daybreak. I can usually hear them across the road up on the mountain by beginning of March. Man has it been quiet this year. Only heard them 2 times. Both times was on the warmer days and only for about 1/2 hour. Come on Spring!

Turkeyman62

I was out listening on March 28th and they were gobbling good.  :gobble:

Turkeyman62

Out again this morning and not a peep .