OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Contest Hooters

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, February 18, 2014, 12:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

So I watched a few videos from the owl hooting division of the contest.

My question is...are those people making there own hooters ?

Sure James and a handful of people run his call,and it sounds great..I have one.

Im after that loud hooter...I find myself locking up the reed on the one I have now because I want to use way to much air,cause I am wanting it loud.

Also the scream or screech that some if these guys start out with..are they making them or what ?

I'm not trying to enter any contest but,something just about a hoot gives me chills.I want to be loud and be good enough that people that hear it think it's a owl.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

Sadler McGraw

If you see a hooter on stage that is black, it is homemade.  It is a spinoff of the hooter that I use and came up with a long time ago.  the sreamers are anything from woodduck calls, hawk calls, wood pecker calls or owl hooter guts that have been modified.   the nicer looking ones are James Harrison hooters,  the ones with black tape around them are homemade.  but only a handfull have figure out how to make the black ones the right way.

I build and sell a screamer for guys that want one. 
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks,I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to reply.

I have never been to one of the contest,but all the calls seen so much louder then what I have,which is what in looking for.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

M Sharpe

Quote from: Sadler McGraw on February 24, 2014, 12:24:53 PM
If you see a hooter on stage that is black, it is homemade.  It is a spinoff of the hooter that I use and came up with a long time ago.  the sreamers are anything from woodduck calls, hawk calls, wood pecker calls or owl hooter guts that have been modified.   the nicer looking ones are James Harrison hooters,  the ones with black tape around them are homemade.  but only a handfull have figure out how to make the black ones the right way.

I build and sell a screamer for guys that want one.

Sadler, are you saying that Mark Prudome's is a spin off of yours?? I know his is homemade.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

sleepyturkey

I got my hooter and screamer about a week ago from sadler mcgraw and they rock. You will not and i mean will not lock the reed up on the hooter he built me.

WV Ridge Reaper

I just talked to James last week,he is building me one.