turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 Gauge Fiocchi 7.5 s at 30 yards in Moss 24" and SSX

Started by R AJ, February 17, 2014, 07:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

Just saying that at 30 yards it was a great pattern . These shot are nickel plated and 1200 FPS. No pics as my Polaroid Land Camera pics wouldn't fit the UBS port.

I had never tried this combo but ain't a sayin' I won't either after seeing what I saw this afternoon. This was in a Mossy 24" Model 500 . No bird gets away from this one at 30-35 yards.  FYI

surehuntsalot

:icon_thumright: good news to hear
going to try and get out this weekend with mine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on February 17, 2014, 07:16:58 PM
Just saying that at 30 yards it was a great pattern . These shot are nickel plated and 1200 FPS. No pics as my Polaroid Land Camera pics wouldn't fit the UBS port.

I had never tried this combo but ain't a sayin' I won't either after seeing what I saw this afternoon. This was in a Mossy 24" Model 500 . No bird gets away from this one at 30-35 yards.  FYI
Were these 2¾" or 3" ammunition?

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

R AJ

Those are the 3" shells David, 3-1 1/4-#7.5  Pheasant load.

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on March 18, 2014, 09:10:08 PM
Those are the 3" shells David, 3-1 1/4-#7.5  Pheasant load.
I'll go to my local Cabelas® & see if I can get some. I've used Fiocchi® Golden Pheasant™ #5Pb for years for pheasant in my 16 & 20ga guns. That is up until 2011 when the law changed & we have to use nontoxic shot. (I use 20ga Federal® Prairie Storm® 3" Mag #3 Steel for pheasant now.) The only thing we can use Pb for here now is grouse, rabbit, & Turkey).

I continue to use Winchester® Supreme® 20ga 3" Mag #4Pb in my Mossberg® pump with my Swarm® .555" choke as my go to turkey load.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given