Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Awful quiet in here.........

Started by BowBendr, February 16, 2014, 12:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

......means a bunch of birds are getting ready to bite the dust !

I love you guys, ain't no talk of guns, shells, camo or callers......just a huge trail of blood and feathers get left laying all over the east coast up into Canada.........

Won't be long now...despite the weather, spring IS coming !  :icon_thumright:

DMP

I've been around.  Just haven't had time to sit around and chat.

Looked at some new ground yesterday and came across 8 toms in a field.  It want be long now and it will be head smashing time.

:turkey2:

bawana

Yep it's getting close......there are ten of them that have been hanging around!

canadatom

Been busy shoveling snow, just never seems to end this year, keeps up like this I may be hunting in the snow lol. Will be going out to scout some new land etc starting soon hopefully.

derek

Tired of snow that's for sure.  Counting down the days til I can chase the turkey birds.  Still kicking some ideas around trip wise to get an early start. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Duke0002

Ditto on the snow shoveling and the extreme temps.  Spotted some in their wintering areas.  Be safe all!

MDbowman

Winter sure isn't letting up!! I am getting into NEXT year's firewood supply, so now I have to start finding time to cut some wood. Would be nice to have that done by turkey season. Been working 6 days a week since mid-jan so that is going to be tough.

pssst...hey derek ol buddy!

BowBendr

No, it's not letting up. The next couple nights we'll be down into the high teens-low 20's. Looks like more snow and ice tomorrow night........

bawana

Low teens and twenties! I'd love to see that! We've had more single digits and below zero nights than I can ever remember. I'm beginning to think someone moved my house up to Canadatoms neck of the woods.

Duke0002

Quote from: bawana on February 28, 2014, 09:24:35 AM
I'm beginning to think someone moved my house up to Canadatoms neck of the woods.

With the high winds we've had, it wouldn't surprise me!

Fullfan

Well my the  computer  the he bed,  but the boy came home from school soooo I took his. I like everyone here is tired of winter. Also working on next years fire wood. I have run almost 5 gal of gas and 2 gal of bar oil through my sthil 361. Spring can not come fast enough. We even have to much snow to hunt for sheds.
Don't gobble at me...

BowBendr

Quote from: bawana on February 28, 2014, 09:24:35 AM
Low teens and twenties! I'd love to see that! We've had more single digits and below zero nights than I can ever remember. I'm beginning to think someone moved my house up to Canadatoms neck of the woods.

Low teens and 20's is like a heat wave to us now brother, glad to see it, i'm down to my bermuda shorts and a tank top !!  :you_rock:

Fullfan

We had -2 yesterday, looking for the mid 50's here today. Have to dig the flip-flops out.

Checked one of my cameras yesterday, have 12 longberads and about 20 hens, and 3 of the 12 were strutting. Also have a pic of a fox attempting to have turkey for lunch. He was about 15 feet from the birds as they were flying. Give me some time and I will post up the pic...
Don't gobble at me...