News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ithaca and first time with Hevi13 6s

Started by Gumby, February 19, 2016, 07:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejd

Dr Juice

Awesome patterns and killing shots for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey buster

kdsberman

Ya he will be stone cold dead when that trigger is pulled.

Dr Juice

One dead Tom for sure. Good luck.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

learn2hide

I've used 6 and 7 similar results to yours as in 20% or so fewer hits with 6s but still more than adequate...they both crush birds.  My dad even shoots Hevi 5s like hitting them with a freight train...still gets 175 in 10" at 40.  Good luck!
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

tha bugman

Nothing but dead

mspaci

Mine does 240`s but with a .660 choke, the .675 Briley numbers were not good. Also broke the ejector on the 10th shot, so off it goes to Ithaca in the morning. Mike

Gumby

Quote from: mspaci on April 20, 2016, 03:14:25 PM
Mine does 240`s but with a .660 choke, the .675 Briley numbers were not good. Also broke the ejector on the 10th shot, so off it goes to Ithaca in the morning. Mike

Is yours a new model from the Sandusky group? What choke did ya get the good numbers with?

mikejd

Quote from: decoykrvr on February 21, 2016, 12:49:45 PM
I've evaluated.643-.675 in an Ithaca Mod. 37, King Ferry, Turkeyslayer utilizing about 6 different choke tube manufacturers.  I got the best Mag Blend patterns w/ a Mad .675 and w/ an Indian Creek .660 got good even 10" and 20" patterns shooting Hevi-13 6's and 7's w/ numbers about 20% greater than your getting w/ the .675.  You might want to evaluate the IC .660.

What thread pattern did that King Ferry Turkey slayer have. Was it Tru choke.

tha bugman

mspaci

yes its a new one from Ohio, the long beard tru loc choke .660 is what I used.  Mike