OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Central Florida

Started by Old Gobbler, February 14, 2014, 09:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Dominant gobblers strutting and following flocks of hens -- 2/13/2014
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

FL-Boss

Shannon, any gobbling as well?  I'll be heading out in the AM to scout  some... North Central FL

FL-Boss

This is from today and yesterday... already with hens , and strutting.

Gobblerjim

Nice only 14 days till southern fl opener.

RutnNStrutn

I've been seeing dominant strutters following hens off and on since January. A little bit of gobbling so far, but that should crank up very soon. I can't wait!!! :you_rock:

FL-Boss

Yes, it supposed to be in the low 80's later this week. Finally some warm weather. I think that will be the trigger that really gets them going..

Old Gobbler

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 14, 2014, 09:48:05 PM
Shannon, any gobbling as well?  I'll be heading out in the AM to scout  some... North Central FL
no real gobbling yet , gobblers kinda ganged up in flocks , some strutting --this is for south and central Florida -- the gobblers are semi interested , but you can tell the real party has yet to start

I was going to head out tomorrow but the wind is on it and it's kinda cool tonight - I got to catch up with turkey call orders and get my gear together

When the wind is on it like 15 mph at night that gobbler is on the limb wide awake trying to hang on , I hardly hear any gobbling -- if it's hunting season and the wind is 10-15 before roost time I hang out next to the biggest pines I can find - that's where they will spend the night in so fla

This week will be in the 80's temp wise with a low around 65 at night , it will be like  that for 4-5 days - if there is no wind ....watch out , cause you are going to hear them fire off good and plenty ! Next weekend is the plan

Shannon

-Shannon

Gobblerjim

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 15, 2014, 09:33:20 PM
Quote from: FL-Boss on February 14, 2014, 09:48:05 PM
no real gobbling yet , gobblers kinda ganged up in flocks , some strutting --this is for south and central Florida -- the gobblers are semi interested , but you can tell the real party has yet to start

I was going to head out tomorrow but the wind is on it and it's kinda cool tonight - I got to catch up with turkey call orders and get my gear together

When the wind is on it like 15 mph at night that gobbler is on the limb wide awake trying to hang on , I hardly hear any gobbling -- if it's hunting season and the wind is 10-15 before roost time I hang out next to the biggest pines I can find - that's where they will spend the night in so fla

This week will be in the 80's temp wise with a low around 65 at night , it will be like  that for 4-5 days - if there is no wind ....watch out , cause you are going to hear them fire off good and plenty ! Next weekend is the plan

Shannon
Absolutely spot on Shannon.

Old Gobbler

Good amount of fobbing I the south zone this morning

-Shannon

FL-Boss

Any updates from North Florida?  I thought I was going to make it out to the woods this week.. but not happening.  I'm guessing they are fired up everywhere now.. temps being in the 70-80's...

FL-Boss

Went out this morning ... found some roosting... they are gobbling pretty good right before fly down.  Hen's roosted 50 yards away.  all is well.. seems like a pretty good season on the way..
Pretty pic from a few monrings ago...

Old Gobbler

Gobbling good this morning in south Florida 2/23/2014

-Shannon

bornagain64

went out to listen this past Saturday morning and heard some gobbling.
Not a very cold or long winter, I hope they are not ahead of schedule this year?

FL-Boss

you must be a little far south. In north Florida, this was the coldest winter I can remember in 20 years.

StrutStopper_71

Here in northwest Florida it was the coldest winter I can remember in a while. Several mornings it was in the low teens and some pretty bad ice on the roads. The coldest morning we had I was going deer hunting and it was 11 degrees on my porch. To dang cold for Florida I was glad to see it get back in the 30's.