North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sylus seems to be in a good mood

Started by Onpoint, February 10, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Meet Sylus.

He's one of the coolest pets I've ever had. He's all of about 7 pounds,  struts, gobbles so hard the ground shakes, and has the hotts for my old lady. He gobbles ALL day, EVERY day. I love my little bird. It cracks me up to see how excited he gets when bones goes out there. He keeps his tail fan turned towards her the whole time. And every time I get around the hen she lays down in front of me. It's crazy. We raised em up so much like dogs I think these birds either think we're turkeys or that they're people.  They're spoiled. Just thought I'd share.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

hotrod3h

Thanks for sharing Justin that's a funny story. I have 2 cats and one of them thinks she's a retriever or something. She constantly brings me things to throw her and she brings them back to me. Can't find a picture of that right now.

I did find this one. A guy I hunted with in Texas had a pet javelina that loved playing with the dog. This went on for a long time just thought it was funny.

Btw... Where is all the snow and ice in your picture ? It's everywhere here in WV.

SheGotHoOks

oh trust me.. the snow and ice is all over the place down here, but that pic was took b4 all this mess started... justin was just looking thru his pics and wanted to share one! He has videos of si doing his thing and showing off for me too..  But they're too large to share! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadkins

Sweet pet

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

Onpoint

Quote from: sadkins on February 10, 2014, 03:32:23 PM
Sweet pet
Yea he's awesome. I love that bird. We got a white one we call Walter White and his girlfriend is Betty White. Betty and Walt are both real mean. They'll bite ya. He bites me again he's gonna be in a skillet of peanut oil. Si is great though. Coolest bird ever.
Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

SheGotHoOks

Yea.. I don't think so justin, I taught him to do that so looks like if your gonna put anyone in a skillet of peanut oil it'll be ME!!! and ya better put your big boy pants on if ya wanna try that!! Just saying ;)

hotrod3h

hotrod3h

btw..  My money is on Joni winning the discussion...lol

SheGotHoOks

well.. now we kno your good at placing bets! :) lol I always win!

Onpoint

I call the shots on them birds. They're my birds and I'll eat em if I want to. I couldn't eat Si though. He's starting drumming now. He's been spitting for a while now but this morning I heard him drumming for the first time. I was in the house and could here him drumming while laying in the bed. It's awesome to be able to be woke up by a turkey gobbling everyday. It's still odd to see a 7 pound bird strutting, drumming and gobbling. I love that bird. We have one more gobbler that is twice his size and he still hasn't gobbled. All he wants to do is a fighting purr with a high pitch squeal and come after me trying to bite me. I was outside smoking a cigarette one day and he came over there actin tough tryin to bite me. He snatched a lit cigarette outta my hand and burned his tongue pretty good. Wasn't 5 minutes and he was over there tryin to act bad again. These birds are a mess. Some of the coolest pets you can have though. After we eat these white ones I'm gonna get some more blue slates. They seem to be a little more vocal.

SheGotHoOks

hey justin.. If you know what's best for ya.. I'd go ahead and stop talkin all that nonsense.. the only way u call the shots on them birds is if I'm not home.. and we both know if you was to do something that I did NOT approve of you'd have to answer to me, and well.. I think you know better! lol ;)

Charley B

That's verry cool Justin, I totally understand when you say it's a cool pet.  I did raised some in the past also.  Some of em even hatched in my living room.  Verry cool birds for sure!
Thank's for sharing, and long live Sylus  :funnyturkey:

Charley B

One of my hen was a weird singer heheheheheh Verry high pitch at a verry fast pace heheheheh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1mbqhZN6w

SheGotHoOks

love the video :) do you still have pet turkeys? I worry about my birds.. I'm afraid sum1 might mistake em for fair game come turkey season.. I have been thinking about how to get some orange on em.. Like a collar of some sort?