turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

turkey calls

Started by redrod14, March 12, 2011, 08:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorgy

As I was reading this post I saw the comment on the "high quality push pin call"  :TooFunny: :smiley-char092: and was laughing inside until I got to page 2. Wow  that call looks great  :wav:
I have a Tom Coffin and to me it sounds horible but I bought it for my daughter to use. Here in MN with the lottery system it has been dificult to get my kids on birds that fit the schools schedules.
I do believe that a box or pot call would be very simple to learn. Post up a question about box call use and there will be several links posted to very good videos on how to use it. Same goes for pot calls and mouth calls.

Good Luck

Hunt Safe

Steve

hookedspur

Quote from: drum817 on March 12, 2011, 09:50:55 AM
In my opinion a high quality push pin call would be the easiest to learn on , then a Box call  , followed by a pot call.   I would also suggest go ahead and start working on a mouth call because this will be your biggest friend when it comes to closing the deal and it offers hands free operation so you can keep your hands on the gun.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

paboxcall

Quote from: gunnerj on March 12, 2011, 10:39:35 AM
Quote from: drum817 on March 12, 2011, 09:50:55 AM
In my opinion a high quality push pin call would be the easiest to learn on , then a Box call  , followed by a pot call.   I would also suggest go ahead and start working on a mouth call because this will be your biggest friend when it comes to closing the deal and it offers hands free operation so you can keep your hands on the gun.
:agreed: That's how I started 20+years ago.

:agreed:

And 20 years later, I have come back to the push pin.  Do not underestimate its ability.  A quality push pin can makes some of the finest soft, content feeding clucks and purrs. 
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer