OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"Leading" News

Started by agturkey, February 04, 2014, 09:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Urbanhunting on February 15, 2014, 12:22:54 PM
Some drive fords, some chevy's, and some dodges, I always drove the one that got me home!

:OGturkeyhead:

25.00 for 10 rds of White Lightning shells.....for the same amount of money I can get 25rds of Turkey Thug shells.
Not only am I going to drive the one that gets me home,also the one that gets the best "mileage" for the money
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BandedSpur

Quote from: Urbanhunting on February 15, 2014, 09:43:51 AM
I think this is called a "Dirt Nap". :turkey2:
How about a 40 yd pattern? Not being critical, but everything looks good at 30.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

There is a good video or two on youtube which show the "combination" of a Jeb's Headhunter choke, and White Lightning shells.  It is the best performance shown with these shells so far.  It's pretty impressive.  Evidently they will shoot well once you get them choked right.  This is a good shell, it's just a little pricey.  They will shoot.

BandedSpur

Quote from: Urbanhunting on February 16, 2014, 09:11:07 PM
Hey All,

Just wanted to say we had a Great Show at NWTF!  "White Lightning" was a hit with the crowd, and we had a great group of hunters from Kentucky.  Thanks for all of the support!  I believe that most of the buzz this year was with our 20 gauge load.  For those that bought shells, remember to post your pic's on both facebook pages, Spectra Shot, and Swamp City Media.  We want to share your success!
Thanks,

More importantly, post them on here so we can see.

R AJ

Quote from: Urbanhunting on February 19, 2014, 03:22:58 PM
Update,

12 ga. & 20 ga. "White Lightning" Turkey Loads for sale $25.00 per box of 10. 

Premium Hogdon 2 stage powder for reduced recoil, 3" Shells, Nickel plated Lead #6 shot,
12 ga. 1 5/8 load,  20 ga. 1 1/4 load.  Price of shells includes shipping.  $200.00 per case.
www.urbanhunting.net

Could that picture be sized larger so that one can see if it is 12 or 20  and 30 or 40,etc.  Your $25 incl. shipping sounds a little better. but 3/8 oz. less shot in 20 for same $$. ????

jakesdad

Looks like 30 yds from what I can read,but cant see gauge anywhere.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Urbanhunting on February 19, 2014, 08:23:45 PM
The forum would not let me upload the picture at the regular size.  This pattern was shot with a 20  guage Rem. 870, 30 yds with .655 Kicks choke tube.  I am the only source for this shell, or the website. Message me with an e-mail address, I will send you the original pic so you can read the labeling.
A Kick's .655 choke is a 12 gauge choke.   :OGturkeyhead:

R AJ

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 19, 2014, 10:05:18 PM
Quote from: Urbanhunting on February 19, 2014, 08:23:45 PM
The forum would not let me upload the picture at the regular size.  This pattern was shot with a 20  guage Rem. 870, 30 yds with .655 Kicks choke tube.  I am the only source for this shell, or the website. Message me with an e-mail address, I will send you the original pic so you can read the labeling.
A Kick's .655 choke is a 12 gauge choke.   :OGturkeyhead:

And I've never heard of a 555 Kicks 20 gauge choke. ???????????

jakesdad

and the plot thickens...... :popcorn:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

R AJ

On the Spectra website it shows several locations /stores, etc. and also has info for those who want to become dealers. And yet, you state that you are the only source, website for purchasing this shell now.

So, my question is did you buy out Spectra just before the NWTF convention or purchase all rights to sell such ?  I am not trying to be hard nose here but even Colombo would be asking a few more questions after all the "typos" ,etc.

I believe that we are all hoping to get some other 30-40 yard patterns shown as well to compare to the one your site showed ; however, there has only been one other post that I know of a 20 being patterned so far and the report wasn't very strong.  :popcorn:

jakesdad

And it appears to me almost every post has been nothing more than a commercial for "your" shells.Would expect several pictures of patterns at 40 with several different gun/choke combos.

Not bashing your product,I hope it works out well for you.

Punisher

I bought some of the 3" 12 ga. Spectra Shot loads last year at Uncle Lee's in KY last year.

DTW2

just wondering why people are down on this load if you have not tried it? is there something i am missing?

jakesdad

I don't really think people are down on this load,its just that there doesnt seem to be any proof that its better than any other load available.Certainly doesn't seem to be living up to the hype it's been getting from it's promoter,and it seems they aren't in any hurry trying to post up any pattern pics to show how great it supposedly is.