News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by spurman, February 03, 2014, 08:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod3h

Quote from: kevin2 on February 09, 2014, 10:11:37 PM
I didn't have an opportunity to shoot an Elite bow, they sound smooth.

I just got done stripping all my stuff off my PSE & retired it to the rafters of the basement! Bye bye old friend!

Kevin.... Good luck on trying for a turkey with a bow. People have asked me about me hunting them with a bow I say no thanks I like shooting them too much. I can understand the reward that challenge presents though. Plus I see a lot of turkeys flop like crazy when shot with a bow. All I say is NO there losing all their feathers for the picture... lol

kevin2

I'll start out with the bow, but unlike last year, I'm going to go after the turkeys IF they don't cooperate & come to the blind. I'll have my 12g in car as back up everyday!

Quote from: hotrod3h on February 10, 2014, 09:00:27 AM
Quote from: kevin2 on February 09, 2014, 10:11:37 PM
I didn't have an opportunity to shoot an Elite bow, they sound smooth.

I just got done stripping all my stuff off my PSE & retired it to the rafters of the basement! Bye bye old friend!

Kevin.... Good luck on trying for a turkey with a bow. People have asked me about me hunting them with a bow I say no thanks I like shooting them too much. I can understand the reward that challenge presents though. Plus I see a lot of turkeys flop like crazy when shot with a bow. All I say is NO there losing all their feathers for the picture... lol
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

doublegobble

I bowhunted turkeys for quite a few years. Enjoyed every minute of it but finally decided to put the bow down and bring out the shotgun again. Never looked back. Nothing like having that shotgun in your hand to lay a whooping on them longbeards.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

kevin2

I've got to be honest, after spending all last season hunting hard, my first season ever & having numerous gobblers hang up just outside bow range, I'll be geared up to blast any gobbler that comes in, be it with my bow OR 12g! I even hunted the fall season, and didn't see a single turkey till 2 days after the season was over! About killed me when they came into my set up. So, gun or bow, doesn't matter, at this point it will be a trophy to me no matter what.

Quote from: doublegobble on February 11, 2014, 12:05:04 PM
I bowhunted turkeys for quite a few years. Enjoyed every minute of it but finally decided to put the bow down and bring out the shotgun again. Never looked back. Nothing like having that shotgun in your hand to lay a whooping on them longbeards.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!