Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Been doing a little trapping...

Started by Turkeykiller12, February 02, 2014, 10:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

I decided to try my hand at trapping late last year to do my part in predator control. As of today I have caught 5 raccoon, 3 possums, 1 coyote,1 Bobcat,  1 Red Fox, and 1 Grey Fox. My little boy also helps me trap. He really enjoys going. That's him in the picture with the red fox, complete with his WWE gloves. Lol

sent from a taxpayers phone.

Turkeykiller12

Here's a few more.

sent from a taxpayers phone.

turkeykiller22

Awesome job! Looks like you have been doing some good work for the turkeys and quail. Do you sell the fur?
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

JVA54

Turkeykiller12

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on February 02, 2014, 10:21:42 PM
Awesome job! Looks like you have been doing some good work for the turkeys and quail. Do you sell the fur?

I wished I could find a fur buyer in my area or heck even my state. I've had decent luck selling foxes and bobcats " in the round" to a local guy. I can't find a buyer for coyote or raccoon.

Turkeykiller12

davisd9

Glad you are on them!  That will help the turkey population!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Way to keep them turkey egg eaters under control.

North40R

What state are you in? I trap too and might can help you out finding a buyer for your furs!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience!

Turkeykiller12

Quote from: North40R on February 06, 2014, 03:52:20 PM
What state are you in? I trap too and might can help you out finding a buyer for your furs!

GA

North40R

Alright! I'm in Alabama. You can look on F&T's website at their fur buyers directory and find the closest buyer to you! Most make pick ups and prolly have one somewhere close to you!

Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience!