OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Any special plans this season? Traveling? Big Bird?

Started by reflexl, January 29, 2014, 08:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I have a nemisis bird that has survived two years of futility on my part. My plan is to kill him by muzzle loader and have the new blackpowder record. I got a really good close up look at him with binos in 2012. A true monster bird. TN Beard Buster and I discussed a set up where I would get about where I have had him hang up and he would set up behind me 50 yards or so and call him past me. We may try it this time. What a bird...... reflexl

TN Beard Buster

Just let me know when. I'm all over that. Just make sure you make that you make that one shot count cause if you miss and he comes by me, I'm gonna lay him to rest. LOL!!!

TN Beard Buster

On another note. Besides my normal places around home, I'm planning on a trip to Ohio around the first week of May. It will be the first time ever to hunt turkeys out of state.

bigbird

I was hoping to go out west this spring but I'm gonna have to work a lot out of town this year so I'll be lucky to hunt a whole lot. :-\

darn2ten

Mostly hunting around the house. My BIL Is on a lease in central Georgia. I may try to get down there for a hunt. We use to turkey hunt together a lot, but haven't in about 8 or 9 years due to the distance we live apart now. Never turkey hunted in Georgia, so that would be pretty neat.

calebb

Plan on hunting a couple different states again this spring. School is going to limit my travel time but i will hunt for sure 3 states and 5 if everything goes perfectly. Started getting trail cam pics of a group of toms this week back home, 10 mature birds. Hopefully more than a few of them stick around as the bunch splits up! Good luck to everyone else.