OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What equipment are you boys running this year?

Started by reflexl, January 29, 2014, 08:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Guns will be rotated. Taking my 835/Stardot .676 with W-W 3.5-2-5, My BPS 30"/ Indian Creek .665 with W-W 3.5-2-5, 870/28g/REm SF choke with W-W1oz 6s, Encore muzzleloader with  90gr 777, TC cup, 1 5/8oz #5.

Calls I hope to have my new Clint Corder osage orange glass pot by season, my Cody glass/walnut, misc strikers of every description, some custom non latex mouth calls from Motherload calls.

May try to stick one with my newly won Bowtech Carbon Knight.

reflexl

TN Beard Buster

I plan using my 870 supermag with Winchester supreme #5. My Clint Corder pot calls, Tim Bullock box, tube call, Micheal Buckner trumpet, and whatever mouth calls I decide on (since Woodhaven has went up so much). It's hard to give up on a proven system.

Expressjet

TC Encore 12ga, SumToy choke and Magblends. Lights Out Pot Calls..

bigbird

870 mag with a jellyhead xtended range #6's or fed #4's DSD's if I need to use decoys and a combo of David halloran/ woodhaven calls

reflexl

I just ordered some turkey trauma #6 fpr my Encore Muzzleloader. Its supposed to throw some awesome patterns. Should be here in a couple of days. reflexl

bigbird

That's cool, I helped a friend of mine try to pattern a muzzle loading shotgun once! I believe it was a wolf? Never did hunt with it, he wasn't happy with the patterns. Compared them to a turkey gun. How far can you shoot a bird with that gun?

reflexl

This one is easily capible of 40 yards. It is an actual muzzleloading turkey gun. Patterns are comparable to a normal 12 gauge turkey gun with turkey loads.