OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Moonshine pushpin ( +video )

Started by Old Gobbler, January 26, 2014, 08:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

I love peculiar prices of Gabon Ebony , I received a block with blond sapwood streaks in it a year ago and carefully cut out the sections with the most character and assembled it for effect -- most guys don't like ebony like this , I wish coild find more
   YouTube demonstration of this call http://youtu.be/xZzN9sLp3Zk
The abstract blond swirls in the grain remind me of a low moon shining on clouds - love this call -( call is spoken for )

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

R.W. Mackey

You make a great looking call, I like all the ebonies, never know what you will get. You have that down to an art. Would love to hear it.

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

Old Gobbler

Quote from: R.W. Mackey on January 26, 2014, 08:54:21 PM

You make a great looking call, I like all the ebonies, never know what you will get. You have that down to an art. Would love to hear it.

Roy
Roy , I got the video up - thanks

-Shannon

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

SS Calls

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

callmakerman

I see another happy hunter using this caller.

JLCcalls

Jacobson

pappy

As always great lil' caller Shannon, I know I will cherish mine and anyone who wants pure bird in a tiny box, they need to grab one from ya before the season gets too close!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Old Gobbler

Guys thanks for the kind words --

my output on calls is very limited , I work very hard to keep up with orders and pm's , on a normal work week I put in about five 12 hour days at ups as a driver and in the off season when I'm not hunting I can at best make 2 perhaps 3 calls more like 1 or 2 .......on the weekend including doing some callmaking when I get home from work , in the past I have stayed up till 2am cranking out calls and one time I worked 9 straight days 12-14 hours a days on my vacation to catch up with orders -- I'm going to be taking it a bit more easy in the future and have resigned my self to make a smaller amount and when I get requests I'll have to put them on a waiting list -- sorry when turkey season arrives for me ...I start scouting and hunting etc... All callmaking stops , and I don't resume until I'm done hunting - so the waiting period is variably complicated

- with that being said in years past I had a crazy method of keeping track of requests and looking back at my personal messages it became apparent I will have to do this another way ..... Because last week out of the blue a turkey hunter shot me a pm stating he has been waiting on my list since May of 2012 , in the confusion I must have passed by his name or got it mixed up - but what I'm asking right now , is if anyone has asked me in the past and you didn't get a call from me , please send me another reminder with your email , ph# , mailing address with full name and a general idea of what kind of push pin you wanted me to make - if your undecided , then that's fine I will run them over the phone for you -I am writing down all orders in a ledger book instead of pm's so I hope this gets me more organized than in the past

- prior orders and requests will have preference over new orders - I make the calls first come first serve depending on materials availability -sorry I don't work with materials other than what personally obtain

I was unable to absorb materials costs of the skyrocketing fair market  value of ebony , and as of 2014 I had to make a slight price adjustment --all my calls ( regardless of type of ebony or cocobolo )  with a lid ( coffin style ) are 150$ the ones with a open top are $125 - shipping extra I accept paypal and cashiers check , I don't accept deposits until your call is completed

-Shannon

savduck

Georgia Boy

krm

Very nice sound as well as, good looking call
Kelvin Morrison

L.F. Cox

Pure turkey....hope some of these callmakers are taking notes.