Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome back!

Started by davisd9, January 17, 2014, 10:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Well we have our board up and going.  Looking forward to spending another hunting season with the team.  We are going to have another great year.

davisd9 hunting SC April 1 - May 1, possibly get to the low state for the March 15th opener there.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SCGobbler

Well thank y'all for letting me join!

I will be hunting in Game Zone 2 in SC this spring.  Can't wait for the season to start.  The season runs from April 1- May 1.

look forward to tagging a gobbler or two this spring... Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

JVA54

Quote from: SCGobbler on January 17, 2014, 10:43:14 PM
Well thank y'all for letting me join!

I will be hunting in Game Zone 2 in SC this spring.  Can't wait for the season to start.  The season runs from April 1- May 1.

look forward to tagging a gobbler or two this spring... Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
[/quote
   It's good to have you on the team!]

JVA54

Not for sure when I will be hunting, but I'm ready to do some  :fud: :newmascot:

WV Ridge Reaper

Hey guys I'm new to the team this year,I live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia born and raised here...No my Mom is not my Sister haha

I will be hunting in West Virginia everyday I can,I am also suppose to be going to Ohio or Missouri.Just waiting for my buddy to make his mind up but more then likely it will be OH.

I killed my second bearded bird last year,but was my first one that I done the calling on.I took that bird with my buddy's Winchester 1300 20ga opening day..At the time my Mossburg was in no shape to be chasing turkey's

This year tho I will be doing my hunting with a Mossburg 20ga..I had it dipped over the summer in Mossyoak Bottomland..I'm a huge fan of that pattern for turkey hunting.

My name is Jason

Sent from West By God Virginia.

boomer

Welcome to the new guys on the team. My season starts here on March 25 to May 31.

trkehunr93

Welcome to the team!  I live in SW Virginia and plan to hunt as many days as I can, our season runs April 12-May 17.  Can't wait!

JVA54

WV Ridge Reaper  Welcome to the team!

MKMGOBL

Hello Team Spur Collectors! I would like to thank davisd9 for the invite to join the ranks with you guys. I only hope I can contribute to the team.

Born & raised in the MD/PA area but have been hunting out of NH for the last 16yrs. I still call south-central PA home  ;) This year I've added Massachusetts to my "turkey tip'n do list". I just spent the day down there knocking on doors & a little bit of predator control....crows!

As of right now, I'm starting off in MA for two days. Off to VT for another two days & then back home to NH for one day. If I can work things out, I'll be leaving here heading for West "By God" Virginia for a week in our turkey camp. First time in years that I'll be missing open week down there but the calendar dates really screwed me up this year.

Anyways, it great to be back in the OG contest & I can wait to hear about your adventures in the turkey woods. Being up here, my adventures (with gun in hand) doesn't start until April 29th!

Good Luck & Tip 'Em Hard :icon_thumright:
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

JVA54

MKMGOBL,  Good to have you on the team!

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: JVA54 on January 18, 2014, 04:23:27 PM

WV Ridge Reaper  Welcome to the team!

Thanks!!

MKMGOBL

Just what part of West Virginia will you be in  ?

Sent from West By God Virginia

MKMGOBL

My buddy's family has a camp northwest of Morgantown in Daybrook. This year mark my 19th season down there. Where in the panhandle are you? I don't know the area that great but I've been to Martinsburg several times to the sport shop along I-81 & caving when I lived back in MD (and could fit in a cave). Heck, we drive every weekend from Montgomery Co. through Charles Town heading down to Smoke Hole just to slam the trout & gobbler hunt Dolly Sods! The good ole days...how I miss em

So being there in the panhandle, do you hunt MD & PA for a tri-state slam? I sure wish I could get back into the MD gobblers! A few of my best birds were right outside of Sharpsburg. OK I need to stop flashbacking to those wonderful days before moving to NH :toothy12:

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

WV Ridge Reaper

Morgantown is loaded with birds!!!!Went out there last year and hunted with my buddy,who is going to WVU.

I am in Hardy Co..Takes me about 2 hours to Morgantown,little over 30 to get to Smoke Hole.

Last year was the first time I actually fished up Smoke Holes..I like fishing on up towards Franklin as well.But I tend to do my trout slayin over Wardenville  by the George W Forest.

Sadly I have only hunted WV...We are suppose to go to Missouri or Ohio this year tho.Last time I looked tho MD tags was crazy high if I remember right..I'm not to far from one of the public lands in MD.

True story that I have to tell you..Last year while hunting out Morgantown,we decided to ride down to the Cheat River since we was hunting so close to it...I'm in the passenger seat with my pot call just messing around,my buddy says wouldn't that be something if a gobbler just blew the door off...So we laughed it off and on the way back up from the river I was still doing it,freakin gobbler lights up..He couldn't of been 30 yards from the road.

I couldn't believe how big my buddy's eyes was,he stops the VW..I said no no go up here and pull off..Well sadly to say that bird got away,but that is something I will never forget.

We started off that morning in another spot,a dog would bark and turkeys would gobble..You don't have that down here where I am..About 11 went to check another spot out and on the way there we go pass this house with a gobbler standing in the yard.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

Turkeykiller12

Welcome to the new guys. I'll be hunting in GA again this season. Hoping to knock a few in the dirt.

davisd9

Quote from: Turkeykiller12 on January 19, 2014, 01:19:19 AM
Welcome to the new guys. I'll be hunting in GA again this season. Hoping to knock a few in the dirt.

Glad to see you back buddy. Was starting to worry about you!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer