OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Limbsaver pad for Rem SP10

Started by BIG10, March 11, 2011, 02:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG10

I am a user of a Remington SP10 that was  in need of a new recoil pad. My gun was made in 1992 and my digging has uncovered the following- older SP10's have a different pad mount profile than the newer ones. By using the Limbsaver templates that can be found on their web site a virtual perfect fit is the medium grind to fit pad. I have been reading alot of posts and have seen the complaints about padding up this big beast and thought this would save someone alot of time and effort trying to upgrade. My SP10 26" cannon has been modified with the following: all non black parts were removed & cerakoted in military black. I have a ported Briley turkey tube w/ straight rifling and briley ext. tubes in imp and mod. the walnut was stripped and finished w/ a tung oil, bees wax & tupintine blend and I hung a Limbsaver on the back. I also have mounted a weaver 429M and topped it w/ a Pentax 0x21 turkey plex scope in Leupold PRW mounts. I will be chopping trails with it this spring in Michigan's first UPPER PENINSULA turkey season. Nice to be on your site!