turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

12/29/13 Devotional

Started by pappy, December 29, 2013, 12:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
When I was a child growing up I used to imagine myself running like the wind. I would take my shoes off and run barefooted and I would run so hard I would actually lean forward in case I would take to the air at any second while running! Silly isn't it? Well in real life we often like to run away from troubles, run away from strife and hard times. But, what if we could run circles around them and conquer them? Now that is amazing!
Mark 9:23 - Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth.
Is your life filled with heartache or does it seem like every time you turn around trouble is facing you head on? Trying to outrun our problems isn't going to work, we have to find the strength by faith to meet these obstacles face to face. Believe me when I say it can be done and done so victoriously through Jesus Christ! If you could have the opportunity to ask any of the people Jesus helped face their worst nightmares, you would hear how their faith helped them to remove whatever stumbling block lay before them. Are we any different? No.
Mark 11:23 - For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Is it going to be easy? Most likely not, this is why in Mark we see these words, " ...and shall not doubt" because as humans we definitely "doubt" a lot. People who live by faith will tell you there are days when it is hard, but the days that are blessed seem to outweigh those that are not. It isn't a game, it is reality. It isn't impossible (through Christ) to face our troubles with a positive attitude, it isn't impossible (through Christ) to ask for our stumbling blocks to be cast into the sea of faith and believe that they will be, but it would be impossible to face these things without Christ and expect to win ..... Got heartaches? Got fears? Got troubles? Take them to Christ, and by Faith believe and through patience and trust watch them fade into oblivion.
" Our most precious Heavenly Father, as a child I come to you on behalf of all who are suffering, all who are hurting, all who are seeking help, that your Grace and Mercy cover them and that your Strength and Wisdom, take control of their lives as they get on bended knees and by faith look to you for their answers. I believe therefor I leave it in your hands, in Jesus' name Amen."
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net