OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

B-square saddle mount

Started by Basser69, March 10, 2011, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

I went and tried to sight in my SP-10 last week and ran out of right adjustments. So I started backout to see what the problem was. Well I think that the picture will explain how far off the rail was. I sent b-square an email just a minute ago to see how we need to proceed.

redarrow

Is the barrel snugged down good and tight ?I found that my 870 tended to turn just a hair if I didn;t really put some muscle on it.

Skeeterbait

Yeah something is odd there.  It appears the saddle rail is centered on the receiver but the barrel isnt centered on the receiver.

Basser69

Thanks for the tip guys, I left the gun at the shop and I will check it in the morning.

Basser69

BIG10

Good morning! Don't get depressed yet. Your SP10 appears to have a non original barrel ( to the gun). Remingtons have rib to receiver issues all the time. I would start by checking the alignment of the mount to the barrel as it is almost impossible to adjust the barrel to receiver fit to adjust for windage. put your gun in a rest of some type and point your barrel at a spot on the wall. Now sight down the top of your BSQUARE. They should be pointed at the same spot but likely aren't. If they don't intersect at the same point you will need to re-evaluate you mounting situation. I am one of the people who has spent many dollars and blood trying to make a saddle mount work and have never had any luck. My SP10 wears a weaver 429M with the front flush w/ the front of the receiver and it is positioned pefectly for scope or red dots. Currently using a Pentax 0x21 turkey plex. Couldn't hit my head if I tried and no stinkin batteries, but the new Leupold delta point is mighty tempting. Just my unwanted 2 cents on saddle mounts.

whiskey

a long 1" wooden dowel placed in your scope rings will give you a  good idea if your mounts are aligned to your barrel.

Basser69

Quote from: whiskey on March 11, 2011, 07:02:39 AM
a long 1" wooden dowel placed in your scope rings will give you A good idea if your mounts are aligned to your barrel.

When I mount the scope you can see that it is "off to the left side" from the center of the receiver. Checked the barrel and it is in line with the receiver and the barrel is tight.....OK, I just looked down the barrel and lined up the two beads on the barrel and the mount is off to the left side. I have checked the barrel to the best of my ability

Reloader

You can bend the saddle if you know what your doing.  I would bend it personally, but you may be better off just getting B square to replace it.

Basser69

Quote from: Reloader on March 11, 2011, 10:03:22 AM
You can bend the saddle if you know what your doing.  I would bend it personally, but you may be better off just getting B square to replace it.

Reloader, please explain more. I am not scared to bow up on it.

Skeeterbait

I used a Sun Optics USA Picatinny rail saddle mount on the wife's Mossberg 500 and like it a lot more than the B-Square, but I looked it up and it doesn't look like they make one for your SP-10.  I would call B-Square and give them a chance to make it right.

Reloader

You can do it several ways.  I agree about sending it back before messing with it, but chances are the next one may hit in the same place on the reciever as well.  One way is to put some junk(but fairly stout) weaver rings on the rail(stay over the meaty portion of the saddle), tighten down the cross bolts and top ring half, stick a dowel in and push one end while pulling the other.  Go slow, watch the gun(don't hurt the finish), watch the base(don't bend the heck out of it)and check until the front of the base is centered with the rib. 

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 10, 2011, 07:20:04 PM
Yeah something is odd there.  It appears the saddle rail is centered on the receiver but the barrel isnt centered on the receiver.

I was thinking its the other way around. 

Have you called B-Square yet?  I'm sure they'd get you taken care of.  Be nice when you call and they'll do more for you.   :icon_thumright:

Basser69

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 11, 2011, 02:26:05 PM
Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 10, 2011, 07:20:04 PM

I was thinking its the other way around. 

Have you called B-Square yet?  I'm sure they'd get you taken care of.  Be nice when you call and they'll do more for you.   :icon_thumright:

No worries there. I know you can attract more flies with sugar than vinegar