turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M-2 ?

Started by 3bailey3, October 15, 2013, 10:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

What length barrel do you use and why. Looking at the 24 inch.

alloutdoors

I recently bought one with the 26". In my experience, with all else being equal, the longer barrels pattern just a bit better. I've also never felt like I've been in a situation where having a 2" shorter barrel would have would have offered any kind of significant benefit in the field.

That said, I've seen plenty of people post up deadly patterns out of the 24" M2.

chris30br

I have a 24" m2 and have not seen any evidence it proof that the 26" will out do a 24". Get an avg of.170 with federal Hw #7 and stays in the 320 range with tss. For me I'd say that is dead enough. I like the shorter barrels.  If you want a 24" get one and never regret it. It will do what a 26" will do with no problem

surehuntsalot

personally I like 26's on my 20ga's,but either will do a fine job in the field.
I have a 20ga 870 with a 21" barrel that kills them dead
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

The thing is to pick one of each and see witch one you like.  Both will work just fine.  You may get a few more shot in a 10 with the longer barrel.  Now with that said you can only kill something so dead.  :icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Seth B

Not the M2, I recently got a 24" Nova. At 40 yrds it will put between 150-180 in a 10" circle.
I think for turkey the 24" is fine. if you want to use it for anything else the 26" might be a better option.
Just nice to have the business end that much further out there when swinging on quail or ducks.
M2 is a sweet gun, sure you will be happy either way.

01Foreman400

I prefer the 24" barrel. I also own a 26" as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

longislandloco

JMHO but I think in this case you can flip a coin, both will work well, personal opinion rules. The old bolt gun I trying to resurrect has a 24" with Adjustable choke and patterns quite well.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

the Ward

Most turkey chokes extend out the muzzle an inch or more so if you have a 24" barrel and add an extended choke your going to be near or at 26" anyways.Something to consider.I prefer a 28" or longer barrel on my guns for the longer sighting plane when not using an optic.Not as handy for sure but makes it a little more versatile if you want to use it for other than strictly turkey someday.