OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gunsmith screwed up, saved by Burris

Started by Rapscallion Vermilion, July 05, 2013, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapscallion Vermilion

I recently purchased an FF3 and Marlin 336 base to mount on my 11-87 20 gauge.  A local gunsmith drilled and tapped the receiver for the 336 and I mounted everything up and went off to the range to sight in.  In short, I couldn't. The windage was pinned and I was still off.  A close examination revealed the problem. My gunsmith had been sloppy and the rear screw hole that he drilled and tapped for the 336 was offset about 0.015 inch.  Fifteen thousands might not seem like much, but it is just enough to run out of range on the FF3.   I dreaded going back to that gunsmith and didn't like the idea of drilling another hole.  I contacted BurrisOptics on the board here and they solved the problem in no time.  BurrisOptics had a 336 base modified with an offset rear hole and now everything lines up and I have plenty of range.

Thank you Burris!

Rather than have me return my old base, BurrisOptics suggested that I just make it available to someone here.  Great idea.   So if you have a newly purchased FF3 and need a 336 base, let me know.  It isn't in new condition and my gunsmith was rough on it, but, hey, its free.
(The 336 has been spoken for.)

DirtNap647

congrats to burris for being so loyal to their customers  :icon_thumright:

eddie234

It's always nice to hear about great customer service nowadays when we have automated phones and emails.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Ridge Rooster

Glad you got it figured out!

I have sent my SBE to Rob Roberts for a drill/tap job to try and avoid problems like you had.

Good luck with your FF.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

outdoors

THATS GREAT THAT IT TURNED OUT , THAT COULD OF BEEN A REAL BIG HEADACHE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

BurrisOptics

I'm glad we could help you get back on track! 

grayfox

Now that is some more customer service.  Hats off to Burris for saving the day!

chatterbox

Burris CS is the best, hands down!
Combine that with the finest optics around, and you have an unbeatable combo. I run FF's on 2 turkey rigs, and a TAC30 on my muzzleloader. I am in hopes to add a Burris to my .308.
We are very, very lucky to have Mart from Burris on here. He has helped countless people including myself, and he never hesitates to do all that he can to help a member out.