turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

AWESOME Father's Day gift!!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, June 15, 2013, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Around 20 years ago, my Dad sold one of his shotguns to a friend of mine in my fire department. Dad had this gun for years, and I spent many a morning in my youth cleaning it for Dad after our duck hunts. Dad even passed me his gun in the marsh and let me shoot ducks with it when I was just learning to shoot. I've always loved old humpback Browning A5's, and have wanted to own one. So after Dad passed away last year, I decided to find his gun and get it back. This morning I made it happen!!
The friend he sold it to still works at the fire department at the next station up from me. I asked him if he still had the gun, and he said that he had sold it to his brother. He went to his brother and told him my story, and his brother agreed to sell it back to me. Now Dad's old gun is back in the family and belongs to me!! I will never let this gun go again, and it will stay in our family forever.
This fall I am going to go duck hunting with Dad's gun, something I haven't done since I was 15 years old. Next spring I am going to kill a turkey for my Dad, using his gun. What a fantastic Father's Day gift this is!! :icon_thumright: 
I love you and miss you Pop!!

Rokhal07

Great story and glad to hear u got it back. Ive got my grandfather's a5 and never gettin rid of it

RutnNStrutn

busta biggun

Tail Feathers

That's great!
And they took good care of it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkeyfeathers

:happy0064:
Awesome stuff there. Glad you got it back . Do you remember how that thing kicks? :z-dizzy:

TRKYHTR

Great story. Keep it in the family. My Dad also has one of those Browning A5's. He has had it since I was a little boy.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

owlhoot

THATS GREAT!

Best friend of mine takes his grandads Rem model 11 humpback out for turkey now and again.
Ive used it also.   hey they still work great. owe it to him for all the hunting and fishing trips.

ncturkey

Great story. Glad you got it back. Good luck on smashing some ducks and turks with that awesome shotgun.

DirtNap647

great story congrats on getting it back

mikejd

Great story and glad you got it back.

marshboy

Congrats on your find!  It's a trophy worth far more than you paid.
I have my Dad's duck and goose calls and all his bands.  They are my most cherished possession.
Happy Fathers Day!
Greg

redarrow

That is awsome. Happy fathers day.

Gawhitaker

That is a Great Fathers day gift, congrats. My grandfathers A5 is in the safe, think I'll take her to the woods next turkey season

surehuntsalot

sweet deal
glad you were able to get it back in the family
it's not the harvest,it's the chase