OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

rifles

Started by snapper1982, May 12, 2013, 08:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

what are your thoughts on the use of rifles for turkey hunting? i was just on another forum and a guy posted on there and had killed a bird. i would have said congrats but it really chapped me that he killed it at 108yds with a 22-250. thank god we are not allowed to use them here in ohio.

hookedspur

I lived most of my life in WV where its Legal to hunt turkey with a rifle, but I have never done so.
I like the calling them in close method. But I'm not knocking anyone one that chooses to do so where legal , if that's what they enjoy and its a legal means I feel that's up to them.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WV TURKEY THUG

I use a 22 wmr from time to time. But in most cases its pointless to have a rifle unless ur in big woods or a field. I like remington accu tip for turkeys.

redarrow

Not my cup of tea for turkey hunting,but I don't pass judgement on those that do where it's legal.To me the thrill of turkey hunting is calling one in close .On the other hand,long range shots on deer with the rifle thrill the snot out of me.