turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 LW 20ga 28" bbl Sumtoy 562-5

Started by buckeyejim, May 12, 2013, 08:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckeyejim

First time shot at 40 yards was very happy ! 208 pellets in a 10" circle! Have pics but have no idea how to post them.gonna try

buckeyejim

R AJ

Was this from the 2 3/4" 1 1/8 oz. #7 load ?

buckeyejim

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

remmy1187

cluck

buckeyejim; Was reading your post and noticed that your 870 20 gauge is a LW model. I have a 870 LW 20 gauge that is a early model that is 28" 2 3/4 inch chamber, fixed full choke. It has the small magazine ring that a quarter won't fit throught. I know the newer barrels won't fit mine because they have a larger magazine ring. I was wondering if your 870 came from the factory with the small ring? Is yours an early model? I have been told that if the serial number ends with a "K" it will eject a 3" shell. Mine does end with a "K" but I can not find a barrel with a 3" chamber with small magazine ring. You might have a hard to find gun. Would you please give me some more information about yours? Mine was also made before screw-in chokes. Many thanks,   cluck

FL-Boss

that's a smokin good pattern for a 20ga... you really can't do much better than that with over the counter shells. 

It's real hard to beat a Sumtoy with Fed, #7 in a 20ga.  Seems all the 20ga guns like this set up.. I know mine does.

buckeyejim

drenalinld

That's amazing. Picked up a LW youth at a gun show for $305.  Barely shot. Fu choke barrel. May consider threading barrel or finding a different barrel after seeing this pattern.

DirtNap647