turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

best tick/bug spray avaiable

Started by glenhunter, May 03, 2013, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

ctwny1

Another vote for Sawyers. Been using it for a long time now.

MKMGOBL

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

datrip

Sawyers & Thermacell + 1....stay in my vest.
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

Uvagobbler

Ditto for sawyers and thermacell. Never found any ticks on me since using sawyers.

gobbler777

I live in tick country, E.Shore of Maryland. My advice is make your own ... its better and a great deal cheaper. Recepies can easily be found on line. Chemical can be found at any store that caters to livestock.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Frank G

:icon_thumright: For Sawyer ...... Permethrin, hands down the best repellent I have ever used. Not on skin, spray down ALL clothing and let dry. Have watched a tick crawling up my snake boot and fall off half way up. No issues at all with ticks, chiggers. Wally world not expensive, yellow and black spray bottle.  :icon_thumright: I'll even spray my SG and bow.

Frank G  In Tennessee

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Burney Mac

Origianl Listerine mouth wash in a spray bottle. Keeps ticks and chiggars off of you, I know it sounds cazy, but it sure works.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

d.winsor

Never have used deet but if you get it on your hads it can take some camo finishes off!  Sawyers the best or anything with .5% permithrin (not the insecticides) made for clothes.

Garrett Trentham

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Gobblers_nightmare

This stuff works great.  3 hunters, combined time of about 75 days in the woods last spring = 0 ticks.  None.
Mixing it 15 to 1 will make two gallons of 0.625 % solution.  That makes it cheap enough to cover clothes, vests, boots, etc. without breaking the bank.  We mix it in a 1 gallon sprayer and liberally coat the materials.  It's good for a month, but we respray at two weeks.
  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TMB4DE/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
Cluck-Gobble-BOOM!

wcerin

And by Unanamous Decission it is:
    SAWYERS
:happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:

Great Stuff for sure
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

d.winsor

I am glad to hear so many people use sawyers, I use sawyers and permanone.  These people that are using real high percentage rates of permithrin are geting it from insecticides, products for pets, and What ever else, all have permithrin in them.  Every one of them have carriers and/or elements that are harmeful to humans.  The permithrin will not hurt you but the other stuff will.  Permanone and sawyers are the only 2 products that I know of approved for spraying clothes, drying them and then wearing them.  All the other products are not approved for spraying clothing because the carriers and other elements will get into your skin, and your body cannot remove them like it can permithrin.  If you are considering cutting your own permithrin I would highly recommend some serious research of the permithrin products on google, I would start at permithrin for clothing, approved permithrin for clothing, etc.  There is a reason none of those products are approved for human use.  All I can say is it's your skin !