turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

got lazy!

Started by snapper1982, May 03, 2013, 11:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

ok so i went to a farm this morning and slipped in where a bird has been. it gets light and i heard zero gobbles from anywhere not just right where i was. so i head off to another farm. pull in and make a call. nothing. so instead of walking toward the back i decided to drive around to the back. there is a big hill and if you stop on top you can strike a bird alot. i must mention that the property right here on this road i can not hunt but it falls off the hill and the next hill over i can hunt. it is the back of the property i stopped and called from. but if i do strike one i got to drive to the front and walk in. so anyway. i yelp and nothing. so i cutt and one answered. but he cut me off so i am not sure how far he is. i  cutt again and a double gobble.  crap he is not in the bottom or on the next hill he is right out the ridge from me 150 yds and before i can do anything he is at 100 and about to break into the feild. i jump in the truck and grab the nocs. there was 2 and they were fired up. they worked their way to the road at about 40 yards. i never called again but they gobbled probably 100 times in the 20 minutes i was there. it would have been so easy to kill one if only i had walked to the back and called them that way. ugh! good news is they appeard to be 2 yr olds so i am not to worried about it. maybe tomorrow they will be back . they finally stopped gobbling and i am not sure if they spooked from seeing my truck (they could see it the whole time in the feild) or if they just lost interest. but they never gobbled again.

Woodsman4God

Keep at it , glad your still seeing and hearing some

snapper1982

oh i will bud. i will kill another one. not worried about it. yes i am seeing and hearing them but it is pretty sporadic.