turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FFII

Started by schief, March 08, 2011, 05:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paladin

I have three and one is doing the angle thing. up and left at the same time.
I have an extra and may try it tommorrow
"have gun-will travel"

gobbler74

Just mounted a 3rd on my 10 ga and for kicks I sighted in without locking down ea time.. after 4 shots I had my pattern shooting 1" off center to the right from 12" lower from the original speed dot setup. I locked it down tried again and same place.. For those that look for even a slight pattern shift on your gun I stress trigger work.. Most factory trigger pulls are nasty.. 1 of the worst is Rem 870's coming in at around 7lbs on average. You have to experience a good trigger job on a rig down to at least 3-4 lb's trigger pull.. Mossberg among a couple others have started the next evolution of turkey guns with adjustable trigger pull without gunsmith work..
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Reloader

Quote from: gobbler74 on March 10, 2011, 11:45:16 AM
Just mounted a 3rd on my 10 ga and for kicks I sighted in without locking down ea time.. after 4 shots I had my pattern shooting 1" off center to the right from 12" lower from the original speed dot setup. I locked it down tried again and same place.. For those that look for even a slight pattern shift on your gun I stress trigger work.. Most factory trigger pulls are nasty.. 1 of the worst is Rem 870's coming in at around 7lbs on average. You have to experience a good trigger job on a rig down to at least 3-4 lb's trigger pull.. Mossberg among a couple others have started the next evolution of turkey guns with adjustable trigger pull without gunsmith work..

Every Rem 870 owner owes it to theirselves to buy the Patriot springs :D

Reloader

Thanks Burris Optics!

It was 7pm when I made it home last night.  I'll check the parallax issue this eve or in the morn and get back with you.

If the angle movement and slight movement when locking is not a wtty issue, I guess I'll just hang on to that one for now.  The parallax is my main concern at this point, but if it goes away at 15+ I'm fine with it.  It is sort of strange that the other two had none.  That is one of the great Pros of the FF, being able to shoot when the dot is on their head regardless of head placement or dot position in the screen. Comes in handy if you need to shoot in an awkward position(or left handed for a righty).

Have a good one,

Reloader

BurrisOptics

Please do that. 

Like I said, if there is parallax at 25 then it's most definitely a warranty issue and I'll get you set up with a new sight. 

schief

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 10, 2011, 03:53:43 PM
Please do that. 

Like I said, if there is parallax at 25 then it's most definitely a warranty issue and I'll get you set up with a new sight. 

burrisoptics. when you say parallax at 25 yds what are you talking about.

Reloader

Burris Optics,

I checked the parallax on the FF in question yesterday eve.  I think it will be fine.  It does have parallax, but I can keep it in a 3" dot at 15-30yds. Close enough for turkey hunting.  As I mentioned the other day, it seems to have around an inch of parallax at close range, but 15+ is my main concern with turkey optics.  Maybe an ever so slight difference in the glass or angle of the glass on this one? Also, it's not noticeable until you hit near the edges of the screen, 99% of the time I will be shooting with it nearly in the middle.

Thanks for the help and have a great day,

Reloader

Reloader

schief,

We're talking about movement of the reticle or dot in this case.  IE the gun is stable, but you move your eye around. The dot should stay in the exact same spot on the target regardless of eye placement as long as you can see the dot in the screen.

schief

Quote from: Reloader on March 11, 2011, 09:58:19 AM
schief,

We're talking about movement of the reticle or dot in this case.  IE the gun is stable, but you move your eye around. The dot should stay in the exact same spot on the target regardless of eye placement as long as you can see the dot in the screen.

got it. thanks

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Reloader on March 11, 2011, 09:54:23 AM
Burris Optics,

I checked the parallax on the FF in question yesterday eve.  I think it will be fine.  It does have parallax, but I can keep it in a 3" dot at 15-30yds. Close enough for turkey hunting.  As I mentioned the other day, it seems to have around an inch of parallax at close range, but 15+ is my main concern with turkey optics.  Maybe an ever so slight difference in the glass or angle of the glass on this one? Also, it's not noticeable until you hit near the edges of the screen, 99% of the time I will be shooting with it nearly in the middle.

Thanks for the help and have a great day,

Reloader

Personally I think that's too much parallax and would replace that in a heart beat.  I just checked a FF on my desk and its got about 2" at 100 yards.  I'll leave it up to you. 

gobbler74

In that case my ff2 has about 8 miles of parralex. That one on you desk should do the trick. ;D :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

BurrisOptics

Quote from: gobbler74 on March 11, 2011, 04:56:10 PM
In that case my ff2 has about 8 miles of parralex. That one on you desk should do the trick. ;D :icon_thumright:

Go figure.   ;D