OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

S.J. birds claptrap!!!

Started by sixbird, May 02, 2013, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

As of Wed. South Jersey birds in my area have SHUT UP!!! I've thrown everything I know at them and they just continue to shut up! It's like somebody threw the switch!
Hope next week is better...

philliesdoc

they were real quite that wednesday.  but things have opened up this past week.  hopefully you had some better luck.

I was able to get a nice one yesterday in the rain and they were gobbling early.

sixbird

Good for you Doc! That last part of the season was TOUGH! Had some days when they went crazy but by that time my birds were WAY pressured! I did manage to convince a few but they weren't easy...I even had jakes that were all but impossible to call in.
I guess it's this way every season, it's just fresh now...
Two of the places I hunt have been vacant of birds since halfway into the second week. One place, the farmer poisoned the field and had some pretty consistent trespassers and the other, the birds just weren't there. Farmer had cleared essentially everything and there were people (non-hunters) in and out at least a few times a week.
S-o-o-o...I guess it's time to search for a couple of other places to hunt. That can be a difficult around here!