turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Dakota Reports

Started by longbeards, April 29, 2013, 10:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards

Hello,,,headed to the Black Hills on Sunday,,,anyone heard anything on the gobbling in SD this year? Cant friggin wait!! best lb

Charley B

They gobble on the roost and on the way to the fly up, but nor much at all during the day.  We were able to make some gobble, but did not came in, they were with hens.  My friend and I were able to kill 4 toms eventough (2 prairies+2 Black hills).
Good luck and have fun!

longbeards

Charlie B,
THANKS,,I have two prarie tags and one blackhills,,,cant wait,,what county did you hunt in the prarie,,? thanks

Charley B

Had two tags also for the Prairie, but with the little time I had, i could only filled one there.  I did hunt in Buffalo and Camp crook, the biggest task is to locate them in this wide open country.

theghost_03

Headed to the rosebud next weekend.  Sounds just like described.  Lots of roost gobbling and spot and stalk the rest of the day. Gl boys!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

longbeards

Gost03,,,,Hope they are acting like turkey when we get there TOMARROW!! Gobble to the call and come to it!! best longbeards

horsedoctor

Hunted the "Hills" Saturday & Sunday (May 4 & 5). Saturday I never heard so much lady talk but very little gobbling. Had 4 jakes come in & "putt" at Pretty Boy mid morning. Finally had a gobbler working well mid-day when a coyote ran him off just before I dropped the hammer... :angry9:  He dead!!! :fud:

Sunday was more like I'm used to. Gobbling on the roost & all the way across the field to Pretty Boy. Short day! Think it's just now getting normal out there.  :anim_25:

longbeards

We hunted SD for the better part of two weeks,,,4 guys,,,12 tags,,,We tagged out,,8 Parrie, 4 Hill,,,,HENED UP BIG TIME!!

Call them up Close and shoot them in the face!!
longbeards

jayjay

Congrats!! I've been itching to head out there myself....maybe next year..Sounds like you guys had fun. :fud:

kevfish

Since the Ghost got a few last year in South Dakota I think it is my turn this year. :newmascot:

theghost_03

I can help teach ya some calling tricks kevfish, those SD birds are one of a kind!  Kinda like yourself! :turkey2:
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS