Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Savage 220A, Factory Full, 1 5/16 oz. TSS 9's

Started by gobblergls, April 29, 2013, 06:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblergls

1 5/16 oz. TSS9s at 40 yards.  Factory Full (.590 more or less).  139" in the 10; 185 10-20".  Sweet trigger.  POI/POA very good; dot is on the otherside.  Easier to see holes on the reverse side, the side photoed.  I'd hunt with it as is in bright light, but the rear ramp is very fuzzy in these old eyes.  It was lowlight misses with rifle sites that steered me to red dots.  I shot it Saturday for the first time.  I was suprised that when I broke it open, shell was ejected, not extracted.  Bought the gun on gunbroker last summer for $150.  Eat your hearts out.  ;)

outdoors

YA GOT REAL GOOD PATTERN , NICE KEEPER.  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Hayudog

Nice Gil- Very good to see it out and on paper.  Looks like the cost of doing the barrel isn't necessary.  I think the TSS like some said will pattern from a slingshot.   

Mine has taken 3 walks in the woods without being used to harm a turkey.  My gun ejects them after each closure, even if not shot.  Trigger is about 4 pounds and crisp, unlike the Baikal.  Paid a little more, but price is forgotten long after the gun remains.

Looking forward to a bird in the next picture.

surehuntsalot

good looking shotgun and not a bad pattern either(just kidding) awesome looking pattern,especially with the factory full choke
it's not the harvest,it's the chase