turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FFIII Guard.

Started by rtsj, April 28, 2013, 12:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Who makes the aftermarket guards for the FFII?  Also is he making them for the FFIII's? 

Thanks Roy

mudhen

gobbler74

He told me he had a few for the II left, and was not going to make one for the III at this time.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

rtsj

Thanks Mudhen.  Guess i got to get on the waiting list for the burris guard.

Roy

Bob Giese

If you don't live in TN,AL,GA. (They will not ship to those states). Natchezss Shooting Supply has the Burris Picatinny Protector in stock got a notice this morning $54.99....I live in TN so I still can't get one ???

Hayman

I hope this question goes with this thread...can you use a guard with the FF 3 and a Marlin 336 mount ?

Bob Giese

Pretty sure it only fits is a Picatinny or Weaver Rail

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Hayman on April 29, 2013, 03:53:54 PM
I hope this question goes with this thread...can you use a guard with the FF 3 and a Marlin 336 mount ?

Yes you can but you will need to remove the picatinny mount from the bottom of the protector.  There is one phillips head screw holding them together.  Remove the screw and then you can use it. 

BurrisOptics

One more thing about the protectors.  It sounds like you will be able to buy just our protector shield (no mount) here on OG for less than $30 and hopefully much less.  We had a batch that had engraving problems so they will be available here shortly.  The factory was going to destroy them but I was able to snatch em up.  I knew you guys were having a hard time finding them.  You will need a mount and the sight but they will work with all models.  There should be a for sale thread up before too long.

Bottomland

also i think optics planet has them back in stock but from the looks of it they raised the price. 

Shellwaster

Quote from: BurrisOptics on April 30, 2013, 03:04:15 PM
One more thing about the protectors.  It sounds like you will be able to buy just our protector shield (no mount) here on OG for less than $30 and hopefully much less.  We had a batch that had engraving problems so they will be available here shortly.  The factory was going to destroy them but I was able to snatch em up.  I knew you guys were having a hard time finding them.  You will need a mount and the sight but they will work with all models.  There should be a for sale thread up before too long.

Thank you for thinking of us! I hope I'm able to grab one of these protectors.  One question though, will I be able to mount the protector to my picatinny mount, if so does the protector go between the sight and mount?

mudhen

Thanks!

I'll take at least 1, maybe 2  :)

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

rtsj

BurrisOptics. PM sent.  I definitely want 2 of the protectors.  If your gonna ration them i would like one please.  FFIII just came today and I'll hold off mounting it if the protectors will be available shortly.

Roy

mossyoakpro

Quote from: rtsj on April 30, 2013, 08:59:03 PM
BurrisOptics. PM sent.  I definitely want 2 of the protectors.  If your gonna ration them i would like one please.  FFIII just came today and I'll hold off mounting it if the protectors will be available shortly.

Roy

Same here....got a brand new III and I will hold off and wait on the protectors.
Phillippians 4:13

Hayman

I for sure would like 2 I have 2 FF 3's that need one on them. I am glad to hear that they will fit

Bob Giese