Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tagged out in MS

Started by HoggleGobble, April 25, 2013, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

Killed my 3 in MS, and have one tag left in Bama for the last weekend. It's been a pretty good year, even thought he birds seem to be acting a little strange this year. I heard a buddy say he still saw 8 longbears together in Bama last weekend...... Quite odd for end of April..... Anyways, 4 birds have been in the 61-67 range, but nothing has topped the 90 yet, so I doubt I can bump up the score anymore.

P.S. have the birds in bama or miss been wierd for anyone else? They have been willing to die, but a little harder than normal... Haven't hardly heard any hens. But saw a hen sitting at 8:00AM the other day... Nothing is adding up.....

hookedspur

I congratulate you on a fine season . Glad you are on this team !!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

honker22

Congrats Chad.

The birds in MS and La have been strange all year.  This was my worst hunting season in years.  I guess I got spoiled last year, with the early spring.  This season, the birds stayed henned up from day 1- last day.  I had a 17 year streak of killing a longbeard in La, that was broken this year.  Oh well, I am not complaining too much with the 1 MS LB, and public land La jake.

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

vicksburg

It has been aweful on my places here in MS this year.  First year in a LOOOOONG time i didn't get my 3 here.
]

BOFF

Worst year in a long time. I still have 4 longbeards together!!  :(

Haven't been gobbling on our place, and when they have, it has been a courteous gobble, and no interest in the calling.

I think I have funny gobblers.  :-[

God Bless,
David B.

anthonyjhallen

Its been a rough year for me as well.  Hopefully the Jake problem we have this year will turn into a good thing next year.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2