turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1st Bird Down

Started by hookedspur, April 24, 2013, 03:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

Thanks For posting it in the kill thread David .
We were in SW Ohio and was going to hunt all week but we were forced to come home early ,,,
But I managed to get one down under tough conditions, Birds were all with hens and not saying a word.
I spotted two birds strutting in a cut corn field with a number of hens ,so I did a round about to get on their blind side ,set my DSD Dekes out and started purring and clucking. No answer but I saw a hen making her way to me on the property next door and I didn't have permission to hunt it. She walked by my dekes and me in a wide open field acting weird ,after she past me she turned and looked back at the decoys (a Jake and hen) and her neck got real red ,she dropped into half strut made a small circle and went into a full strut. Never saying a word, I purred some easy and she walked on up the fence out of sight ,,,,, THEN I see a Tom on the same path when he sees the dekes he starts strutting Spitting and my clucking and purring was as excited as He and I both were and  under the fence he came three steps and a strut at a time covering 40yards to a face full of TSSD 9s from a Benelli M2 at 40 Yards.

NOT a WORD all the way !!!

Found some of these as well  ;D

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

snapper1982

hook do not eat that. it is not a morel. those are called false morels and are not supposed to be consumed.

congrats again on your bird

redarrow

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 24, 2013, 04:25:16 PM
hook do not eat that. it is not a morel. those are called false morels and are not supposed to be consumed.

congrats again on your bird

Ditto on the false morel. They don't call em hellvella for nothing.

hookedspur

Thanks Guys I didn't bring them out ,I new what they were.
CRUSADERS

snapper1982

ok sorry bud. seen alot of ppl pick them thinking they were morels.

hookedspur

No don't be sorry if it wasn't for one of the guys hunting with me I wouldn't have known !
CRUSADERS

snapper1982

all that matters is that you found out and did not consume any. when are you going back down bud.

BOFF

Nice Pic!!!

Congrats on the success!!

May there be many more!!

God Bless,
David B.