turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One Very Proud Daddy!

Started by Longshot, April 21, 2013, 12:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshot

I wanted to share (& brag) about my son and his hunt today. My boy Noah is 10 years old and has a cognitive disorder. Nothing comes easy for him, but he is a fighter and when he sets his mind to something...you can consider it done. This year after the youth waterfowl season, he decided he wanted to get a turkey this spring. We hunted hard without much success for the last 7 weeks. Everything finally came together for us this morning on our last chance to hunt this season. Today, Noah got to see everything that you can hope to see in a spring gobbler hunt. He heard a tom gobble on the roost, watched him strut for a hen, respond and come to a call, and get aggressive with my Jake decoy at 12 yards. Noah showed patience beyond his 10 years waiting on the tom to clear a hen and a subordinate gobbler before taking his shot. His little 20 gauge barked and the tom laid motionless 15 yards in front of us. As I started to celebrate, Noah said "wait, I want to pray." He bowed his head and thanked God for blessing him and then we started celebrating. I think we are raising him right. Noah's first turkey was an Osceola turkey that weighed 19 lbs, had a 9" beard and 1" spurs. It was way more fun watching him get a turkey than getting one myself.

Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

WV Ridge Reaper

land cruiser

Congratulations to both of you!

ALfwlmth

On a scale of 1-10, you sir get an 11.  Congrats to the little man for his turkey and for "getting it" very early in life. Well done!!!

coyotetrpr

I'd say you are raising him right. Glad he got to enjoy that. :icon_thumright:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

WildSpur

Great going guys!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

DirtNap647

the Ward

hookedspur

Absolutely Outstanding Young Man welcome to the Brotherhood  :you_rock:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

eddie234

Awesome, congrats!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

tomstopper

Thats Awesome. Congrats to your boy. You should feel proud & it sounds like your raising him right. Keep it up........

albrubacker

That is awesome! Congrats to you and your son!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Flydown

FANTASTIC! Congrats to you both!!!

Turkeyman11

I got goose bumps reading this.  You are obviously steering that young man in the right direction.  Congrats on a great bird and best of luck to you guys in future endeavors.