OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

new gun

Started by snapper1982, April 18, 2013, 09:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

Oh man guys. i am feeling like a kid at christmas time. My girlfriend wanted to buy me a new gun. i told her no. so after about a week of occasional talk about it. she asked what gun i wanted. i told her it costs to much not to worry about it. she said no and she really wanted to buy one for me and wanted to buy one that i want. so i told her. TC Encore turkey gun. so i told her where they were in stock at. and she ordered it. tracks says it is out for delivery to the FFL. wooohoooo. just barely in time for the season opener! got alot to do and very limited time to do it but that is ok! pics soon very very soon!

hookedspur

Great News !! Better Girlfriend !! 
Cant wait to see her .  The gun that is  :angel9:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

I don't always carry a gun while turkey huntin, but when I do its an Encore.

You will love it.  Mine shoots either nitros or Win extended range (silver hull) through a IC .655.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Great news and girlfriend.

God Bless,
David B.

FL-Boss

Marry that girl

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

redarrow

WOW ! Does she have a sister,cause I would really like a turkey barrel for my Encore.

eddie234

I guess she wants a ring? Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

anthonyjhallen

Make sure you get a limbsaver recoil pad.  It it a necessity with that gun.

snapper1982

nope gun is a dream to shoot. nothing but the factory recoil pad. i will say it does not like federal fcw 3in 2oz 6s. so the hunt is on and more intense for some hevi 7s.

snapper1982

i appologize guys. everytime i take a pic of the gun. i send it to my email and it gets shrunk. i will get a pic for you all. i made it to cabelas yesterday and got some hevi 7s. very pleased with the out come. factory choke @ 40 is very even and put (only circled and counted 1 pattern) 214 in the 10. did not count the 20 but it is super even and a great hunting pattern.

side note. been hunting a bird the last 2 days and just could not get him in for the youngster. he has a good beard and from about 80 yads with binocs it appears he has awesome spurs. so i am abandoning my original plan and going after him in the am.

BOFF

Good luck to you.

Looking forward of seeing pics of the bird with the new gun.  :blob10:

God Bless,
David B.

anthonyjhallen

Heck yea, draw blood!!!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

snapper1982

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

weave

Quote from: redarrow on April 18, 2013, 10:48:37 PM
WOW ! Does she have a sister,cause I would really like a turkey barrel for my Encore.

my first reaction as well