Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Nitro Megaweights in Rem 870 youth 20 ga

Started by gdublongwilly, April 17, 2013, 08:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdublongwilly

Shot this pattern today out of Rem 870 youth 20 ga. with a .570 jelly head.  Wanted to try these Mega weights from Nitro. It is a 3" 1 7/16 oz 4x5x6x7 (M276C).  Nice even pattern that probably hits real hard but I still like the Nitro HW #7's that I shot the other day and got 188 in the 10". 

chris30br

Same problem I had out of my m2. Did not get the pellet count thiat they advertised. No more nitros for me. A Friend of mine is done with em also. Nitro done him very dirty!!!!! Their customer service sucks!!!!!!

wmd

I didn't get the numbers Nitro advertised either with the Jelly Head. I switched to an IC .555 and averaged mid-130s which is still lower than what I had hoped to get, but I didn't do any barrel polishing or super cleaning.  I finally decided the patterns I was getting were sufficient. Will flat roll a turkey at 40 though.

DirtNap647

ya startin to wonder if nitro is worth the $

gdublongwilly

I absolutely love the Nitro heavy weight 7's for this gun (patterned 188 in 10" at 40 yds) but wanted to give the mega weights a try.  Will be going back to the HW 7's as they shoot phenomenal out of the 20 ga.

sevetts

ive shot the jellyhead .570, ic .555, and several other chokes with nitros. the indian creek with theyre hevi shot blends shoot very well. the mega wieghts seem to like a more open choke, i had a undertaker .583 that i thought id try and it was by far the best preformer. This is just my experience but through 3 different 20ga's the jellyhead was the worst choke(besides a carlson) that i shot. got no where near the numbers i thought. but the undertaker is phenominal! i would quess that a rhino would get ya close to the numbers they say, but for 20 bucks i think most guys should try the undertaker.