OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy & Benelli combo

Started by Bradley, April 08, 2013, 09:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley

OK Guys I finally got my Sumtoy .562 and 3" Federal heavyweight 7s 1 1/2oz. I had a chance to go try them out today. Here are the results from 40 yards on a 10". Temp was around 60 with 15+ MPH winds. 224 in the 10", 314 total on a 18"x20" target. I will be shooting a few more test shots soon. I'm hoping for the same numbers or better, I will update with additional patterns. I was wondering what's the average numbers for this combo?? I made a post a few weeks ago in the 20 gauge section where Chris30br, Vaturkey, and others recommended the Sumtoy .562 from William. Thanks to all for the input and recommendations.
Brad

SgtUSMC

WOW!! Your 224 in the 10 is amazing, I'd like to see pics of that  :you_rock:

Bradley

I posted picture but for some reason I had to re-enter the picture, it's posted now.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

captin_hook

Very nice. Makes me want to set up a 20 ga for turkeys. That thing patterns great!

Bradley

Thanks Guys.
Hook you need a 20 gauge set up, better make sure your willing to put that 12 gauge in the closet because once you start shooting that little 20 you'll be Hooked, no pun intended :funnyturkey:
After shooting my Mossberg 835 yesterday then picking up my 20, I was thinking WOW what a relief!! I Love my 20.

chris30br

:TrainWreck1: for longbeards!!! Congrats Bradley on a job well done!!!!

WV Ridge Reaper

What Benelli you shooting? Nova,M2?

Bradley

I was shooting a Benelli " M2 ". It's written on my target picture. Sorry I didn't put that in my post.  :funnyturkey:

remmy1187

That is an awesome pattern with Heavyweight, very tight.  I think they might be one of the highest numbers I have seen with that load.

Bradley

I think maybe where I live might have something to do with the unusually high numbers. I live in North Central New Mexico and the elevation at the range is approximately 7000' above sea level. Maybe the thinner air might be a contributing factor. Or maybe I was lucky and got a really good shooting M2 which paired up well with a nice Sumtoy choke. I will be going back east later this year and plan to give it a test run at lower elevations.

Hillshire9

That's a dang nice pattern!

tomstopper

DirtNap647

great pattern making me consider a 20