OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Not impressed

Started by 2much2loud, April 06, 2013, 08:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2much2loud

Shooting SBE2 IC .665 clean barrel... First pic is Hevi 3.5" 2.25 #6 put 131 in the 10" circle... Second pic is Win ExtendRange 3" 1.75 #6 put 149 in the 10" circle .... If I have time before I leave for NC I will try those same shells with the jellyhead... If not i will be definately going with the extended range ... Same gun with the jellyhead was giving me well of 300 with the number 7's 2 years ago... Everything under 25 yds was the size of a softball with the IC

captin_hook

They'll kill, but those #s should be higher. I agree. Go back to the jelly head. Maybe the gun just doesn't like that IC.

learn2hide

I had tried two IC's in my Super X2 didn't get the results I wanted, I know lots of guys that love em, my Dad's Beretta seems to like it, but mine didn't.  The guys over there are great to work with maybe give them a call first.  Good luck in NC
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

2much2loud

I am not bashing Indian Creek... It does good with extended range but the hevi #6 is a different story

Tommythreetoes

My 870 with indian creek tube does not like the hevi 6's at all.  It does about what your gun does.  Mine shoots the magnum blend much better, and I've never tried hevi 7's through it (can't ever find them).  I wish my gun shot the 6's the best...easy to find.

nyhunter

I had the results with the 3.5" #6 H-13 lot #549. 130-140 in a 10" circle, And that was in 3 870's and my SBEII. So it might just be another junk lot from H-13 . I tried I.C,jellyhead,final strut,pure gold ,kicks,3 Rem choke's, nothing shot that lot number good.

mudhen

My SBE II & SV have printed very will with the H-13 choke & 3.5" H-13 2.25 oz loads.

I get 225-250 in the 10" just about anytime.

I think the choke is .667?

I'm willing to bet that EM tested and tested with their own stuff...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

2much2loud

I may have to give the hevi shot choke a try next year

mudhen

Saw them for $49 at Cabelas I think...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Charliebtsj

You should do better.  I got 190 in the 10 and another 165 in the 20 with my Benelli sbeii IC 665 and hevishot 3 1/2 #6s.  Got even more in the  10 with magblends And Nitros but they had a hot core with spotty results outside the 10 circle.. 

Clean barrel 40 yds measured.  Cool and breezy not best  conditions but it was time to go shoot
Something besides paper.  Killed two birds so far one with 6's and one with Nitros neither bird flopped!

Keep working you'll figure it out.  Hunting buddy gets great results with a Rhino 660 in his Benelli and the Nitro shells.

2much2loud

Well it's not the choke tube ... Got a chance to try the jellyhead an it was just as bad... I think it's just a crap lot of Hevi .... Had a few mag blends to try and it was better ... That is another post... Now I need to find more mag blends and hope they are as good or better than the ones I shot today

learn2hide

some gun/choke combos are picky I guess...the same lot of Hevi 6's and 7's that I shot out of my 2 Indian Creek tubes (.665 and .675 which they recommended I try) shot 160's and 190's in 10" at 40 respectively.  When I switched to the Rob Roberts .660 I shot 215 and 270...all the birds are dead I just didn't want to spend 80 dollars on a choke and not get better performance than a 20 dollar tube so I kept tinkering.  MagBlends I just shot this week only threw 160-170 out of my choke but the straight loads did great so that's my choice.  Crazy stuff...if MagBlends are your answer, then it's time go rock n roll some gobblers!!  Not sure where you are but Cabelas still has them...Good luck...
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!