turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Supernova / IC / Turkey Thug & HV-13

Started by jhcats10, April 06, 2013, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhcats10

I got out and ran a couple shots through my Supernova yesterday. I thought the Turkey Thugs did pretty well for lead and the HV-13 did awesome as usual.  These are TT #6's and HV-13 #7's at a laser'd 40 yards. What do y'all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooksnhorns

Great patterns! If I got 164 in 10" @ 40 w/ lead, there's no way id buy hevi. What constriction?
Don't Tread On Me

captin_hook

jhcats10

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on April 06, 2013, 12:59:30 PM
Great patterns! If I got 164 in 10" @ 40 w/ lead, there's no way id buy hevi. What constriction?

.665, I bought 4 boxes of the 6's :)

nyhunter

X2

devin4484

Ya I think I as well would just stick with the thugs. 

Tom Foolery

I am a big Hevi 7s fan but I agree.  If I was getting your pattern with lead 6's I would own stock in Federal.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

SgtUSMC

Shot the same combo today with the thugs.  Best I got was 140, but the pattern was very even.   Probably gonna be hunting with thug 6's this year.

Who knows, Hevi might be up to $50 a box next year

jhcats10

Thanks guys, I was very impressed with the Thugs and I will hopefully try them out on a bird or two next week in Kansas!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

learn2hide

that's a couple great patterns man...those Turkey Thugs seem to be shooting well for lots of guys, if you're comfortable with the power of lead #6's I'd roll with that
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Buckeye_Strutter_935

id shoot the thugs thats a great shooting gun right there  :icon_thumright:
Feathers Fear Me

tomstopper