turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pa. Gobbling ?

Started by KJMUSA, April 06, 2013, 11:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildTigerTrout

I took my 14 year old son out for the youth hunt last Saturday. The only gobbling we heard was from the longbeard I called in. My boy killed him at 715 am with one shot at 25 yards with a 20 gauge. We hunt without the aid of blinds or decoys which IMO just adds to the challenge. It's his first wild turkey and I'm very proud of him. :happy0064:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

TauntoHawk

They were going in NY this past weekend during the youth hunt, me and a buddy were able to get 3 youth hunters birds during the two day youth hunt.

Scouted lots of birds should be another phenomonal season in the northeast
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gdublongwilly

We had 7 longbeards and 5 jakes and 5 hens out in front of us for almost two hours on Saturday, 4/20/13 for the opener.  It was cold and windy and finally a longbeard circled us after getting ran out of the field by the pesky jakes and walked into our setup at 25 yds.  My son got a shot and missed.  He was shaking uncontrollably due to being froze and all the adrenalin for two hours.  Don't know for sure if I could have made the shot.  Was an awesome morning even though we did not walk out of there with a bird!

jakebird

Quote from: trkyslayer on April 21, 2013, 05:21:11 AM
A cold front came in Friday night with a storm and the gobbling quit around here in central Pa..for now  :gobble:
Well they gobbled awesome where we were at Saturday, as far as the cold front, well...I can show you pics of quite a few that it "shut up for good!" It was a killin wkd for the youth in many parts of the state...we had five hard gobbling birds on us before 6:30 with two more comin in fast when the gun went off and a cpl more sounded off during the high fives and photo shoot. My buddy 100miles north of us had atleast eight gobbling birds that hammered all morning till they put one in the dirt at 10:30.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

DirtNap647

congrats to the youth hunters but its been quiet where im at

teamkeystonecountry

was hearing between 8 and 10 everyday for about 2 weeks, then they started training and they have disappeared a bit with all the soldiers in the areas, but i have heard a couple this week, did some serious scouting last sunday and walked within 60 yards of 4 longbeards now if i can get back there saturday without having anyone come stumbling into my set up

dan61psu

lots of early morning activity and then moderate activity through about 11AM in the williamsport area this past weekend.  Called a few close-ish, but hens were in the area yelping them back.  Saw a head once for 1 second, then they disappeared.  Activity was still high though compared to last year.  No kill for me on opening weekend...Sigh...
It's no fun living so far from good turkey woods!