turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blind mesh

Started by Balla1982, April 06, 2013, 09:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balla1982

Has anyone ever shot through the mesh on purpose?  I wanted to know if it could possibly throw the pattern off and if so how much.
Mainly for taking youth or inexperienced hunters is why I'm asking.

captin_hook

I never shot through mesh. I've always thought about the same question you have though. I'm curious to see some responses you get.

30_06

Only with an arrow, and it does not make a difference with it.

wis. bowhunter

I shoot through the mesh with my 10 guage with no problems.

Balla1982

I posted this in two different areas and on the other one the general pop said not too. Mainly for safety reasons and that's all I need for an answer.
I know the chances of an injury are probably slim but I won't take a chance with my son and I really don't want to be hurt either.
So mesh down for me with the shotgun.

philliesdoc

I have never shot through mesh either with shotgun for safety.

However, I have made my own mesh cover and just have the barrel of the gun extending out.

Its really easy to to.  Buy a big roll of camo mesh and wooden clothes pins.  I unzip my doghouse blind all the way and pin the mesh to the roof and sides, so it hangs down, and then pin in to the unzipped blind window (the big window not the small window with the mesh).  The only spot not pinned is the bottom.  This makes it easy to just put the barrel out, and you are still totally concealed.

I never like those small mesh windows and certainly not the velcro ones.

rock54

i have cut slits in all my mess windows, there fore all i have to do is
stick the gun barrel thru the slit and shoot... the slits are about 1 1/2 inches apart....works like a champ, good luck russ